What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to JB my iPad 1 v.imanewb

This_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reading through the stickies I am more confused about this process lol

Which method should I use? How can I tell what firmware I need? Prefer untethered from what I understand? Redsn0w or snow breeze or spirit?

Basically all I need is to be able to mirror, using display out, with hdmi (digital av dongle)

Any input or links that would simplify this process are appreciated.

Iamconfuse atm :confused: Halp.

Thanks.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem.

I know there are stickies and they all have useful information in them, but like you I just need to know what's the simplest way to do it and what all can be done after JB?

I refuse to ask what's the "best" method as everyone thinks their way is the best and "best" is very subjective.

OP
T

This_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Needs a step by step what to do, from a to z. Backing up to complete. Not lazy just really confused on what process to follow and how exactly.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look at the redsn0w link in my signature.
Definitely the best tutorial for jailbreaking.

Last edited:
OP
T

This_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jeez I am the newb. Says 4.3. Sooo I should update so I can go untethered? How to? Just update from iTunes?

OP
T

This_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.3.3 the best obviously? I'm not at my pc atm, is that the current? If not how do I "choose" that iOS?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
4.3 is just about the worst version you could be on. You do need to upgrade to 4.3.3.
Best way to go about this at the moment is to ignore JB altogether and just get your iPad updated to 4.3.3 using the iTunes "update" button.
Once that's all compelete, you should follow the redsn0w tutorial in our guides section which wolfie pointed you to earlier... But get your iPad up to 4.3.3 and complete a sync with iTunes at least once before you start on the JB

OP
T

This_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.3 is just about the worst version you could be on. You do need to upgrade to 4.3.3.
Best way to go about this at the moment is to ignore JB altogether and just get your iPad updated to 4.3.3 using the iTunes "update" button.
Once that's all compelete, you should follow the redsn0w tutorial in our guides section which wolfie pointed you to earlier... But get your iPad up to 4.3.3 and complete a sync with iTunes at least once before you start on the JB

Ya lol didn't even realize I was.

Btw i have fam in Troon, right on the water too. Been years since ive been back.

Most reactions

Latest posts