What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking through the apps

alkan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
I would like to go through the apps library but I find it impossible. For example you pick 'Music' and a total of over 4000 apps are given. They are shown as 12 apps per page so it's going to take a while to get through looking at each page, except that if you touch on an app to get more information about it and then return, you are taken to the beginning again (in the majority of cases). You can write the app name down and make a list that you can go through later but this takes a lot of paper, time and patience. Is there any way to simplify this?

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is one of the frustrations with the App Store that Apple still has not addressed. I don't think there is any way to search and get back to where you were after you click on an app.

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is why we use google. In other words let others do the work for you and search something like "best music apps for iPad" or something.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
A

alkan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. Searching with Google would help so I will give it a go for the moment
It is such a fundamental requirement. I can't understand why it is ignored. There must have been hundreds of complaints about, what is, after all, a serious flaw.

Last edited:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why Google when you can get an app? I rely on Appshopper to find apps instead of going directly to the Appstore. You can search in many ways: most popular, free, just for iPad or universal, and by genre: Financial, Music, etc. I also like the ability to create a wish list. This feature advises you when an app goes on sale or when an app you own or wish you owned has been updated.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I would recommend Appshopper too. I had heard just yesterday that apple had fixed the problem in the app store as far as going back to the place you left off. Have you updated to 5.0.1?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
A

alkan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all your answers, I didn't realise that there were more replies. When I tried to update to 5.0.1 I am sure the message was I would lose everything since it was a new installation, so I didn't bother. That Appshopper sounds ideal, I will give it a go.

Most reactions

Latest posts