1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Looking forward to learning...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by emgee, Jan 6, 2011.

1. emgee

emgee iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

A former UN executive, now retired after about 3 decades working and living in many countries in providing drinking water and latrine facilities to communities especially in rural areas, I am climbing the learning curve as regards internet technology

I have been a constant admirer of Apple architecture in its products - the iPad is one of the most interesting products I have seen so far - it reminds of the slate, which I used during my school days. This correlation has gotten me thinking that there must be ways of using the iPad to revolutionize education globally.

Hope to find some ideas in the forum and am looking forward to participating fully.

Thank you
  2. j0yful

j0yful iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Hi there! welcome to the forum!
  3. freebirdforever

freebirdforever iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Welcome welcome!
  4. mathsteach

mathsteach iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looking for maths Apps

Hi to all mathematics educators out there. Greetings from down under!
    I'm a teacher of mathematics at secondary school in Melbourne, Australia.
    As a results of a substantial government grant, all senior students at my school will be given an iPad to take home! The students are stoked but at the end of the day we need to be able to use them in the classroom.
    I am the owner of my own iPad so I have begun to look for Apps that I could use in my class.
    I am particularly interested in hearing from anyone who knows of a Good App that can allow me to project my iPad through a data projector. I am currently using Projector but it has its limitations.
    Any ohter maths Apps anyone can recommend please?
    Looking forward to hearing from anyone and everyone.
  5. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    I keep reminding people about Fraser Speirs blog on the use of the iPad in education Fraser Speirs - Blog Index.

He has some interesting things to say on both the practical problems of using them in class as well as wider considerations regarding IT in schools in general.
  6. Brolga

Brolga iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi I am also interested to hear how iPads are being used to support the learning of maths in secondary classrooms. Looking forward to hearing from people as they learn.