What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking forward to learning...

emgee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
leaksandspills.com
Hi

A former UN executive, now retired after about 3 decades working and living in many countries in providing drinking water and latrine facilities to communities especially in rural areas, I am climbing the learning curve as regards internet technology

I have been a constant admirer of Apple architecture in its products - the iPad is one of the most interesting products I have seen so far - it reminds of the slate, which I used during my school days. This correlation has gotten me thinking that there must be ways of using the iPad to revolutionize education globally.

Hope to find some ideas in the forum and am looking forward to participating fully.

Thank you

mathsteach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking for maths Apps

Hi to all mathematics educators out there. Greetings from down under!
I'm a teacher of mathematics at secondary school in Melbourne, Australia.
As a results of a substantial government grant, all senior students at my school will be given an iPad to take home! The students are stoked but at the end of the day we need to be able to use them in the classroom.
I am the owner of my own iPad so I have begun to look for Apps that I could use in my class.
I am particularly interested in hearing from anyone who knows of a Good App that can allow me to project my iPad through a data projector. I am currently using Projector but it has its limitations.
Any ohter maths Apps anyone can recommend please?
Looking forward to hearing from anyone and everyone.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I keep reminding people about Fraser Speirs blog on the use of the iPad in education Fraser Speirs - Blog Index.

He has some interesting things to say on both the practical problems of using them in class as well as wider considerations regarding IT in schools in general.

Brolga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mathsteach said:
Hi to all mathematics educators out there. Greetings from down under!
I'm a teacher of mathematics at secondary school in Melbourne, Australia.
As a results of a substantial government grant, all senior students at my school will be given an iPad to take home! The students are stoked but at the end of the day we need to be able to use them in the classroom.
I am the owner of my own iPad so I have begun to look for Apps that I could use in my class.
I am particularly interested in hearing from anyone who knows of a Good App that can allow me to project my iPad through a data projector. I am currently using Projector but it has its limitations.
Any ohter maths Apps anyone can recommend please?
Looking forward to hearing from anyone and everyone.

Hi I am also interested to hear how iPads are being used to support the learning of maths in secondary classrooms. Looking forward to hearing from people as they learn.

Most reactions