What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for the best clear skin, just for the back of the pro

anderdea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded from an iPad 3 to the pro. It will arrive on Tuesday, 2/9. I see a lot of rear protectors out there. I had an invisashield on my 3 but I purchased it a long time ago. Anyone using one of the clear skins on the back of the pro? Looking for ease of installation. I have a regular full case but would like to take it off at times to reduce the weight and bulkiest but still prevent scratches to the back if set down.

Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If your full case isn't the Apple case for the iPad pro, you may want to consider it. It's very compact and combined with the Smart Cover offers full protection against scratches and minor bumps.

OP
A

anderdea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No it's not the apple smart case but is very similar for substantially less $$. I've used them on my Mini (using only as a dedicated iRule home theater remote) and iPad 3 and they work quite well and are actually very slim. I am assuming that with a large iPad like the Pro that it can become combersume no matter what case is used, thus the skin for the back of the unit.

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If your full case isn't the Apple case for the iPad pro, you may want to consider it. It's very compact and combined with the Smart Cover offers full protection against scratches and minor bumps.
My vote, so far the Apple case and cover works great and is light and compact.

OP
A

anderdea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As an FYI. This is what I was looking for. "Bodyguardz UltraTough® Clear Skins Back Only for ipad pro" It's just a very thin film to cover the back (protection against scratches when not in a case). I've used these before on my full size iPads but had forgotten who manufactured them. It's not quite as slick as the back of the iPad thus giving your singers a little better gripping power.

Andy847

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Id take a look at IQ shield if it's just a clear skin your after. They offer a great screen protector with a rear protector as well. The rear I have had a hard time installing myself though.

Most reactions