Looking for the best clear skin, just for the back of the pro

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by anderdea, Feb 6, 2016.

1. anderdea

anderdea
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I upgraded from an iPad 3 to the pro. It will arrive on Tuesday, 2/9. I see a lot of rear protectors out there. I had an invisashield on my 3 but I purchased it a long time ago. Anyone using one of the clear skins on the back of the pro? Looking for ease of installation. I have a regular full case but would like to take it off at times to reduce the weight and bulkiest but still prevent scratches to the back if set down.

Thanks

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If your full case isn't the Apple case for the iPad pro, you may want to consider it. It's very compact and combined with the Smart Cover offers full protection against scratches and minor bumps.

3. anderdea

anderdea
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    No it's not the apple smart case but is very similar for substantially less $$. I've used them on my Mini (using only as a dedicated iRule home theater remote) and iPad 3 and they work quite well and are actually very slim. I am assuming that with a large iPad like the Pro that it can become combersume no matter what case is used, thus the skin for the back of the unit.

4. davidalan99

davidalan99
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    My vote, so far the Apple case and cover works great and is light and compact.

5. anderdea

anderdea
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    As an FYI. This is what I was looking for. "Bodyguardz UltraTough® Clear Skins Back Only for ipad pro" It's just a very thin film to cover the back (protection against scratches when not in a case). I've used these before on my full size iPads but had forgotten who manufactured them. It's not quite as slick as the back of the iPad thus giving your singers a little better gripping power.

6. Andy847

Andy847
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  7. Husq250

Husq250
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Id take a look at IQ shield if it's just a clear skin your after. They offer a great screen protector with a rear protector as well. The rear I have had a hard time installing myself though.