What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for ireader with dictionary and vocab list

tio fa li

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to find an ebooks reader with English dictionary that have any kind of built-in vocabulary lists or flash cards. For an English learner, must be nice go making up your vocab lists as you are reading a book with the same app. Closing an opening apps each time you need to take note of a word is really tedious. Thank you.

刁法禮 Tio Fali

OP
tio fa li

tio fa li

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't understand your answer very well. How can I find those "Author created textbooks"?

刁法禮 Tio Fali

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
"iBooks Author" is a OS X only application to make extended-feature books for the iBooks Store; mostly with textbooks in mind. It is free in the Mac App Store.

Every book in the Textbook category in the iBooks Store has been created with this application. There are several free textbooks. As free books do, they vary in quality. Probably the best of these (and Apple's poster child for Textbooks) is E.O. Wilson's Life on Earth. It's quite large, so don't try downloading it without a good internet connection.

One of the features of an iBooks Textbook is that it will automatically create flash cards from your notes and the glossary. You can turn the glossary on/off, as well as individual highlight colors.

Here's Apple's promotional page for Textbooks. The card feature is a fair way down the page.

Last edited:
OP
tio fa li

tio fa li

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, looks good. May be too much for what I was looking for, but interesting in any case. Thanks a lot for your help.

刁法禮 Tio Fali

Most reactions

Latest posts