What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for hard shell case

rocksyoursock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all, I am looking for a case that is more protective than functional. I need a case that is a hard shell that can resist pressure being applied to it, for the iPad 2. The regular folio cases / leather cases aren't quite what im looking for. Thickness isn't an issue and I don't care about openings for ports, this specific case I'm looking for is purely just for transport and if something is stacked on top of it, it won't get smashed. Any ideas? Thank you!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're looking for armour, I think Otterbox would be the way to go.

OP
R

rocksyoursock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if that is quite what I am looking for, unless there is coverage for the screen too. I am looking for something that would be more of a hard sleeve i suppose. Something that would protect like the retail ipad 2 packaging protects its contents, or, as a really, really bad example, something that would protect in the sense a rubbermaid container would protect what is inside or how a suitcase protects.. something that pressure or squeezing would not affect anything. I have an awesome case for my gps that just zips all around that when closed, you could jump on and nothing bends or gives. I need something for my ipad that can protect in that manner. It is something odd to look for, i know, because I am looking for something that is completely non-functional and what most people don't look for or need.

Lynette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe a pelican case, they are used in photography a lot for cameras and lenses. It's purely for transport.

Most reactions

Latest posts