What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for guidance on how to erase everything from my ipad1 to sell it

atagirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First let me say i am not computer illiterate but i am not very knowledgable on these devices. I would like to sell my iPad 1 but don't know what or how to make sure everything gets erased for the next user. Does the iPad have a hard drive of sorts that everything is stored on? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Settings/General/Reset/Erase All Content and Settings.

The iPad does not have a hard drive. It has flash storage. Erasing everything in is manner will place your data beyond the ability of any normal user to recover it. Proprietary software used by law enforcement MAY be able to recover it, but to all intents and purposes it is gone.

If you are really bothered about it, erase everything, then fill it up with music using auto fill, then erase the lot again. That way, if anything were to be recovered, it would be the music, and not your emails etc.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts