What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for Catalog Presentation app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Precision94

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for an iPad app that will present users with our product catalog allowing them to change pages. The iPads will be used as a kisok to allow users to view our product catalog.

The stand that the iPads will be in will cover the Home, on/off and other side buttons. But I don't want users to be able to otherwise get out of the product catalog.

I can have the catalog in any digital format.

Was hoping that someone might know of such an app.

Thanks.

OP
P

Precision94

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any suggestions?

I'm fairly certain there is something out there, I'm just having a hard time finding it.

mciani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Precision94, I'm looking for the exact same app.
Can you please let me know if you were able to find something?

Thanks! Marco

OP
P

Precision94

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ended up using app called My Kiosk.

For it to meet my needs I had to create a micro site of the products.
Plus set a laptop up as a web server so that we would have fast load times. Good thing is that one laptop can distribute to multiple iPads over a private wireless network.

Another issue I ran into is the memory limit. I was trying to load alot of high res images from our catalog. I had to break it down and then it worked.

I am still looking for other options. Preferably a PDF reader with no memory limit, or at least a lot higher.

Petra Systems

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.petrasystems.eu
I think those product catalogs where everything is different becouse specification of product is different so only photos will be common part. In most cases it should be indyvidual app writed on specific conditions. PDF solution is much cheaper, offers less interactivity but you can very simple show your alredy printed product catalog ;)
Sorry for my English, I hope i was helpfull ;)

Joseph Wein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Catalog app for iPad

If you're looking for an app that allows any user to create an interactive iPad based catalog, you may want to check out Padalog. Search for padalog in the app store or go to padalog.org.

I own an 89 year old family business, manufacturing diamond jewelry. I am also part of the team that has created Padalog, in part, to address a need which we saw in our own business. After seeing the promising direction that the app was taking, we spun it off as a separate business unit.

The app is free for users and comes with a modest monthly charge for creaters of content. Padalogs can be reserved for internal use, shared with customers or published for anyone to download.

Within a month or so, the app will have a full suite of functionality, including a shopping cart.

If you want information, please don't hesitate to contact my colleague George. His email is george.white at padalog.org

-Joseph Wein

g.white

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.padalog.org
It looks like the OP found a solution and this thread is a bit old. But in case anyone else is looking for a similar solution, Joe already mentioned our offering, Padalog.

Padalog meets all of the requirements described in the first post, and is designed as a selling tool first and foremost.

Instead of droning on about our features and benefits, the best way to learn about Padalog is to try it for yourself. Right now, we are in pre-launch phase. If you're interested in trying Padalog, PM or email me, and I would be happy to set you up with free access so you can test it for yourself.

Regards,
George White
george.white (-at-) padalog.org

Pixtaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Padalog...WAY overpriced

Padalog looks decent but HOLY OVERPRICED! $149 a month for only 250 images? That is INSANE.

Gshock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about this app?

See this app on itunes: catalog for ipad

link here:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/catalog-for-ipad/id419345806

Last edited:

g.white

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.padalog.org
Padalog...WAY overpriced
Padalog looks decent but HOLY OVERPRICED! $149 a month for only 250 images? That is INSANE.
Thanks for checking out our web site!

Just to clarify...the $149/month pricing permits you to publish a catalog of 250 products, each of which can have up to 10 images of PDF files attached, for a total of 2500 images.

If you check our pricing page, you'll see that plans actually start at $0 per month for 20 items, and range upwards from there. A business with a 100-item catalog would only spend $39/month for our solution.

With any of our plans, you get an interactive catalog, with dozens or hundreds of items that you can update instantly whenever and as often as you like, that’s viewable for free anytime and anywhere by any of the millions of people who have an iPad, iPhone*, Android*, or other mobile web device.

* Coming in June 2011

George White
Padalog, LLC
george.white (a) padalog.org

Pixtaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to clarify...the $149/month pricing permits you to publish a catalog of 250 products, each of which can have up to 10 images of PDF files attached, for a total of 2500 images.

If you check our pricing page, you'll see that plans actually start at $0 per month for 20 items, and range upwards from there. A business with a 100-item catalog would only spend $39/month for our solution.

I understand, George, but $1788.00 per year is still an egregious amount of money to commit to an application like that. Frankly even THAT amount wouldn't cover all of the items we sell.

I am a retailer who would use an app like yours as a personal catalog for the products I sell in my stores. The ability to show off product options and features to my customers at the touch of a finger on an iPad would be a great way to add sizzle but, frankly, I can show images, descriptions, finish options, etc. directly from the web (on the iPad) for free.

You have what appears to be a great product but, as least as far as this consumer is concerned, you have priced yourself out of the market.

g.white

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.padalog.org
Pixtaker wrote:
but $1788.00 per year is still an egregious amount of money to commit to an application like that.

We appreciate your candid feedback.

What I hear you saying is that you don't think our solution makes sense for your business, based on the return on investment that you could reasonably expect from it, given the types of products you sell.

We respect that. As with any investment, every company has to conduct a cost/benefit analysis before committing resources to adopting a new IT platform or business service.

Although our offering is relatively new - we officially launch on June 1 - many companies have performed such an analysis and are moving forward with implementing Padalog.

We're doing our best to make sure Padalog has a wide appeal, but unfortunately, it's not possible to make it ideally suited for every business.

Thanks again for your feedback.

clie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
major distributor

we are a major dist. for gift items and we plan to use the ipad for our sales team to go out and show our products and accept orders at the customers office. any app for that?

g.white

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.padalog.org
clie wrote:

we are a major dist. for gift items and we plan to use the ipad for our sales team to go out and show our products and accept orders at the customers office. any app for that?
Hi clie,

Padalog is designed specifically with outside sales forces in mind, to do exactly what you have described. I would be very happy to set you up with a free test account on our solution, which officially launches on June 1, and let you test drive it for a couple of months. We'd love to get your feedback and work with you.

Please contact me by email or phone at your convenience.

Best,

George White
Padalog, LLC
george.white (@) padalog.org
312-583-3351

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions