What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for app to track part manufacturing

adammsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So basically i am a manufacturing supervisor. My "assembly" line has a number of stations, and parts that move from station to station in the process. I am looking for an app where I can define the workstations, and have a list of part types underneath. As the part is completed at a current station, i can just swipe it to the next (kinda looking like solitaire if u think about it)

any1 have any ideas of what i could use?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I noted your question about looking for a particular app. I'm sure you'll get some suggestions from members soon; this is a world-wide Forum so it often takes a while for replies to arrive - time zones and so some members are always asleep!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

OP
A

adammsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, just got the new toy, excited to play with it.

one thing i have found is possibly using a sticky note app..., might do it, though not as refined as what i hope to find.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I doubt it's exactly what you have in mind, but you could kind of do this with Popplet. I use it to track spaces in our RV park, showing spaces occupied, and placing upcoming reservations next to their assigned spaces.

It is probably a little more free form than you want though and more geared for idea development than tracking things. But it can be shared and edited by other users both on the iPad and in a web page.

There is a lite version you can download for free and play with.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice thing about Popplet is you can use photographs.
Saves a lot of typing :)

OP
A

adammsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works pretty good. If I could create pops and duplicate them later, it would be perfect

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you get the account there are extra editing features on the web site, including copy/paste for popplets. The payed for iPad app can access local and web side Popplets. Unfortunately you can't copy between the site and iPad. You get the ability to create 6 Popplets with the free web account.

There are still a few bugs. I had a stuck web side popplet that I could not delete using the iPad. It crashed the app. I had to log onto the web site, fix it, go back to the ipad and log out/in to get things working again. YMMV

It is really confusing that they call the both the document and the individual boxes popplets. I tried to alleviate that by capitalizing when referring to the documents.

If Popplets works for you, take a look at Corkulous. It's essentially a big cork board that you can put pictures, notes, labels, and other stuff on, then rearrange any way you like. It's prettier, more versatile, and less bug prone than Popplets, but there are no web site or collaboration options.

Last edited:
OP
A

adammsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got corkulous. Corkulous=awesome, thanks for the tip

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are welcome. I've been known to make up a project just so I can play around with that app. Of course I've done the same thing with Popplets. I like to shove ideas around and pretend I'm being productive.

Most reactions

Latest posts