What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for app to help me with pros and cons of apps I have

Cricket1001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for an app that I can put in different info of all my apps. I have so many apps that I forget what they do, what I liked about them, what I didn’t like about them. I would like to organize my apps in this app by categories. I would like to put in the info about the different apps, a copy of what the description is, including the reviews, that is in the apps store. I also would like to be able to put in apps I want to try and be able to compare them with other apps I already have that are in the same category to see if I can find an app that will do everything, or at least the most of what I need the app to do.
This way I could then delete the apps that I no longer use or need.

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don’t know of any app specialized to do what you want, but there are a few options if you don’t mind building your own system.

The simplest would be Notes. When you are in the App Store, on the app’s details page, tap the three dot icon at the top right, choose share, and the Notes app. This will create a note with the app’s icon and a link back to the store. You can use this note to make further notes. You can create folders for catagories, and move the notes into the desired catagory.

You could use a spreadsheet like Numbers or Excel. You can get the app’s link, simlar to how you get it from notes except chose to copy the link, and paste it into the spreadsheet. This would be easier to organize by catagories, but less flexible for keeping notes about the app.

If you really want to personalize your things you could use a database app like FormConnect. These will let you create a record of each app with fields for the details you want to track. There is more work in the setup, but it’s very customizable. I’ve used FormConnect, and it’s not bad. AirTable and HanDBase are two more apps I’ve seen mentioned. Search for database for more possbilites.

I’ve never used it myself, but Trello looks to be a good possibility. It’s a free flowing way to organize and group things. I’ve heard good things about it from different bloggers who use it to track their projects.

Those are the only ideas I have, off the top of my head. Good luck.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think you'll find such an app in the App Store. Twerppoet's suggestion is probably the best.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I got Trello. After playing around with a it a bit, I don’t think it would be a good choice for this project. It could be made to work, but not easily.

OP
Cricket1001

Cricket1001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don’t know of any app specialized to do what you want, but there are a few options if you don’t mind building your own system.

The simplest would be Notes. When you are in the App Store, on the app’s details page, tap the three dot icon at the top right, choose share, and the Notes app. This will create a note with the app’s icon and a link back to the store. You can use this note to make further notes. You can create folders for catagories, and move the notes into the desired catagory.

You could use a spreadsheet like Numbers or Excel. You can get the app’s link, simlar to how you get it from notes except chose to copy the link, and paste it into the spreadsheet. This would be easier to organize by catagories, but less flexible for keeping notes about the app.

If you really want to personalize your things you could use a database app like FormConnect. These will let you create a record of each app with fields for the details you want to track. There is more work in the setup, but it’s very customizable. I’ve used FormConnect, and it’s not bad. AirTable and HanDBase are two more apps I’ve seen mentioned. Search for database for more possbilites.

I’ve never used it myself, but Trello looks to be a good possibility. It’s a free flowing way to organize and group things. I’ve heard good things about it from different bloggers who use it to track their projects.

Those are the only ideas I have, off the top of my head. Good luck.
Thanks so much! Those are great ideas that I will try.

OP
Cricket1001

Cricket1001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I got Trello. After playing around with a it a bit, I don’t think it would be a good choice for this project. It could be made to work, but not easily.
Thanks! I love all the help you give everyone and the time you take to find answers like trying Trello and telling me about it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Please let us know what you work out.

I’d been meaning to give Trello a look for some time, so it was no big deal.

Most reactions

Latest posts