What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any good free word-processing apps other than pages,I am not really comforted with quick office and is not willing to buy any paid apps right now yet I need a good word processor. Please don't suggest DocstoGo.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
I

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not saying I am not willing to buy any apps,all I am saying is that it's pretty tough for me since I don't have a credit card and most office apps are expensive.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since you don't have a credit card, you can buy Itunes gift cards almost anywhere, including Wal-Mart. (I don't work for Wal-Mart - it is only a suggestion)

I hate to sound harsh, but with all due respect, the Pages app is only $9.99. If you can't afford $10 for one of the best word processing apps for the iPad, well then I really don't know what you expect anyone to do for you.

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I saw a couple of free text editing apps but they are pretty basic. Can't recall the name though.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah $10 is nothing after buying an iPad lol

..I took the time to search iTunes for all the apps I needed/wanted, along with the price of iPad I wanted with case all into my budget.

Just gotta prepare for added expenses.. Cars use gas, fridge uses electricity, and iPad uses apps (otherwise what fun is it?? Email and web? Ha)

OP
I

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay,we are having a misunderstanding here,You could blame me for not making things clear. First of all money is not the main issue here,10$ isn't much but the way to use it is the issue. Why did I say I am not willing to buy any app now?
Reasons:
1.I don't live in US
2.AppStore doesn't support my country.
3.I don't have a credit card.
4.Paypal doesn't support my country
5.People I know that used to live in US often charge me 2x the real price of anything,for example,when I asked a friend of mine whose uncle was finally retiring from US to get an iPad for me,I had to pay 1341USD+other extra fees I really don't understand the purpose of,to get me an iPad 3G 32GB. But now that my friend's uncle is back from US and won't be returning, I don't know anyone else who can do the buying for me.

That's why I said it's pretty expensive and impossible for me to afford any paid app.

I think I made myself quite clear. Now we can go back to the real suggestions and discussions.

Thanks

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And that was a friend? Your enemies scare me already......

Your trouble will be getting any apps if you can"t access an appstore, free or otherwise.
I would definitely check out some of the jailbreaking/torrent sites, but as i don't use them I really can't advise you.

Wonder if any of the jailbreakers here could help you with suggestions.

OP
I

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a free AppStore account already but cant purchase paid things with it now,can I?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay,we are having a misunderstanding here,You could blame me for not making things clear.
With all due respect, who else would we blame? You left out some very important pieces of information in your opening post. Even in another post, you make statements like "AppStore doesn't support my country" and "Paypal doesn't support my country" and your profile lists your location as Somewhere?

If you chose not to give us complete information, it will be very difficult for anyone to help you.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I thought the same thing too.

To the OP ~ you seem to have a chip on your shoulder. These guys are trying to help you.

I bet if you were not so mean, you would love the Pages app! I love it and learned about it before I got my iPad.

What country are you in?

OP
I

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I thought the same thing too.

To the OP ~ you seem to have a chip on your shoulder. These guys are trying to help you.

I bet if you were not so mean, you would love the Pages app! I love it and learned about it before I got my iPad.

What country are you in?

I don't really release my personal information in Internet for my personal safety but since I trust this forum I can give that information. I am from Bangladesh.:)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh! Well, very cool, Sir!

Welcome! Love your screen name! I was going to use this one:

imagesjpg2.jpg

OP
I

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted my id to be iPod but since it's Apple trademarked so I was cowarded and shifted to iwhat,which sounds somewhat iPod. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts