What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for alternative photo viewer app

kgian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I am looking for a photo viewer app with folders support. Also I would like to be able to have my real .jpg files structure, not the strange structure that the original ipad photos app has. Finally I would like to have the nice user interface of photos.

The only app I have found is this Image Viewer for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store but it is iphone app and only works x2.

Has anybody found an ipad app with the above functionality?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Nope.

And apple put a stop to that type of app, apps are no longer able to view actual photo files due to a vulnerability where a program could get your GPS location without asking you.

wbp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually after thorough searching I found this app "Private Media Folders" which is very good for this cause.

Did you try it? Can you re-arrange photos in any sequence on the iPad??? I looked at the description and I don't see anything that confirms this.

Thanks!
William

andykeating

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.isol.co.in
[FONT=&quot]Why do you want to sort through multiple photo albums when you can use tags? [/FONT] Check out Sort Shots, which uses the power of tags to quickly sort and organize your photos. You can rate your photos (to sort your favourites to the top quickly) and tag multiple photos at once. Tags can be organized into hierarchical categories as well; the default top level categories are People, Places, and Events.[FONT=&quot]You can share photos via Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and Picasa, create slideshows etc.. :)
[/FONT]

borettoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I asked the question to the developer of Private Media and this was their answer. Also, paid and downloaded Photo-sort for Ipad (HD) it does not allow for the original file name either. Still looking, if anyone has any other suggestions, as I am thinking of having to go through each photo (I use them for business design) and Photoshop them with a word box - YIKES.

From Private Media:

"Currently this app does not show the filenames.."

> I was wondering if your application has the ability to show the file name. I want to view the photo's, but need to easily identify the name that I have them stored under. So far I have not been able to find an application that allows you to choose "show file name". I would be willing to purchase your application if it has this option.
>

FunN4Lo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Why do you want to sort through multiple photo albums when you can use tags? [/FONT] Check out Sort Shots, which uses the power of tags to quickly sort and organize your photos. You can rate your photos (to sort your favourites to the top quickly) and tag multiple photos at once. Tags can be organized into hierarchical categories as well; the default top level categories are People, Places, and Events.[FONT=&quot]You can share photos via Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and Picasa, create slideshows etc.. :)
[/FONT]

I found this post on a search for uploading pics to Facebook. @andykeating (or anyone) can you elaborate on what tags are and how that helps me upload to Facebook?

andykeating

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.isol.co.in
[/FONT]

I found this post on a search for uploading pics to Facebook. @andykeating (or anyone) can you elaborate on what tags are and how that helps me upload to Facebook?

For tags- To sort multiple photo albums you can use tags... Tap the Sort button on the top left corner of the screen to find what you’re looking for fast. If you have 35 pictures of your kids on your iPad, but you only want to see the ones from the last birthday, for example, you would tap on your child’s name and then on Birthday under Events. You’ll only see the photos that are appropriately tagged.
Select one or more photographs and share them on Facebook,

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to see the filename and be able to sort pictures, try Photosmith. It's a new app with syncs with lightroom that came out yesterday. Here's some more info direct from the source:

http://blog.photosmithapp.com/

I downloaded it yesterday and so far I'm impressed, simple easy to understand interface and pretty speedy.

H4stur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Dropbox as an alternative photo viewer on my iPad. Which allows you to copy and paste image files that you saved from the net into specific folders. And you no longer have to manage your photos through iTunes.

Escadajr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photo-Sort shows filenames, uses FTP to up/download, allows multilevel folders but sorts images alphabetically only.

JeroldK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using remote photo viewer app (remiew.com). I have huge photo library on PC, and with that nice app I can browse all my photos on iPad without any sync (over wifi).

Most reactions

Latest posts