What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a particular to do / checklist app

MSguywithiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I work for a small company that currently has about 15 of its employees on (company-owned) iPads. The owners of the company want to make it more of a business use than simply a cool gadget. My boss and I have become responsible for this. I've been using this forum to search for apps since I received my iPad a few weeks ago, so first off: thanks.

My boss and I have recently begun a search to find a good to-do list / checklist app that we can work on together (we are the entire IT department for the company). I was hoping some of you all might know of an app that meets his expectations.

We're wanting an app which syncs across iPads (with two different usernames, if the app requires them) so that we can both work on the checklist. We'd like to be able to hand-write the items (a lot of apps we've been finding require typing). We'd also like to be able to have a check box next to items that can actually be checked. Those are what my boss definitely wants, and he said icing on the cake would be that once an item is checked, it gets moved to another location (such as a "done" list).

I know this is really picky, but has anyone seen/used/heard of such an app?

Thank you,

-Adam

(Also, any business/IT apps you'd like to recommend would be appreciated as well, but I realize there is already another thread for that (which I've looked over some)).

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some of the online services like Toodledo can share to-do lists with other users, though I believe this is a pay-for service, not the free account. You could combine this with one of the iPad apps that syncs with their service (like their own Toodledo app).

As a bonus you'd be able to access the same list from any computer with a web browse, or it you have them, Android devices.

Toodledo is not the only web hosted choice. Just the one I'm familiar with.

Check them out for yourself first, to be sure everything you want will work. It's not like I've ever tried to use this part of their services.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OmniFocus can do this. I syncronise my iPad and iPhone4 (instantly OTA) using OmniFocus servers, but you can also set up your own WebDav servers.
In your scenario I imagine you can just set everyone up to use the same sync account (nothing to do with iTunes) and therefore everyone will work on the same list.
It handles multiple project folders, and tasks very nicely, so you should be able to support your workforce of 15 OK.
I would recommend you look into it. Not Cheap by the way! But worth every penny IMHO.

OP
M

MSguywithiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions so far, I'll look into those.

Concerning this to-do app for which we're looking, this is only needing connectivity between two people (myself and my direct boss), sorry about the confusion there. As of right now, all the other iPad users are primarily stand-alone salesmen. The company is waiting to see strong business application before rolling iPads out to any/everyone else (there's a few admins who really, really, really, really want OneNote (because of its SharePoint integration) on the iPad - we'll see if a good implementation of that ever happens, lol).

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
MSguywithiPad said:
Thanks for the suggestions so far, I'll look into those.

Concerning this to-do app for which we're looking, this is only needing connectivity between two people (myself and my direct boss), sorry about the confusion there. As of right now, all the other iPad users are primarily stand-alone salesmen. The company is waiting to see strong business application before rolling iPads out to any/everyone else (there's a few admins who really, really, really, really want OneNote (because of its SharePoint integration) on the iPad - we'll see if a good implementation of that ever happens, lol).

No problem. It will work fine for you and your boss too! A great proof of concept!

Most reactions

Latest posts