What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a lightweight sleeve with magnets

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to get a simple sleeve that will turn off iPad 2 when I slip it inside. Have you seen any?

OP
D

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Why do you want to turn if off every time you put it away?

I like the way the smart cover works but I don't like it always hanging on the iPad. So I want to just get a sleeve that turns on & off the iPad when put in and taken out.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Why do you want to turn if off every time you put it away?

I like the way the smart cover works but I don't like it always hanging on the iPad. So I want to just get a sleeve that turns on & off the iPad when put in and taken out.

There have been some home-made sleeves mentioned in the Forum. All you need are a few small magnets and fix them in the sleeve at the right position. Check out some of the threads where Members have been discussing home-made Smart cases for information on the right type of magnets to use and the appropriate position.

How cool would a home-made sleeve be?

Tim
Scotland

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some manufacturers are bringing out smart covers that use the magnet system. However, Apple has not issued any guidance on the smart cover system, and until they do, it cannot be officially approved for iPad.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DYI sleeve w/magnetic on/off

I want to get a simple sleeve that will turn off iPad 2 when I slip it inside. Have you seen any?

Can you sew? Get a strip of polar fleece ... fold it and sew it up on each side like a pillow case (wrong side out for sewing) ... Turn it inside out ... voila a simple slip case.

Go to an auto parts store and buy a tire gauge ... I got one for $3 and the magnet is perfect in strength to operate the on/off function. Glue it on the outside of the edge of the slip case ... fold over the edge and capture the magnet. Stitch around the magetic so it is captured and won't move. Also the magnet won't scratch as you slide the ipad in and out.

I would be surprise if the whole thing cost $10. Pick any polar fleece pattern design you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts