What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looking for a ipad bag

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are lots. Do a search for STM, Timbuk2, Tom Bihn, Booq, Speck, inCase, CaseLogic, etc etc etc. Or a search for 'iPad bags'.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked through a number of vendors at etsy.com, before I ordered a messenger bag as well as a protective pouch from two different vendors. (But be prepared to spend a bit of time: they do have a huge selection of items, including iPad bags/pouches/cases/etc!)

The good thing about etsy is that because their items are handmade, you can contact the vendors directly about customizing the item to your needs. For example, I needed my pouch to be slightly bigger than "just the right fit" for the iPad because my device was already sitting in a leather folio - and the vendor was happy to customize at no extra cost. It took two days for her to make and ship the item, and I'm quite delighted I have a made-to-measure iPad pouch right now.

Last edited:

kailess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you do a YouTube search on iPad bags you'll find quite a few videos. I like these because you get a chance to see the bag up close and people usually show you all the side pockets, etc.

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I carry my iPad + Sena folio case (girthier than the Apple case) + Bluetooth keyboard in an STM Scout XS bag in olive drab color and it's absolutely perfect. I couldn't be happier with the whole rig.

JakAttak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maxpedition Lunada

I like this one..

Maxpedition Lunada Gearslinger (they won't let me post a link yet, sorry.)

It looks big but the hieght and width are perfect and the depth gives me room to carry other stuff as well. It carries very comfortably even with a full load. I'll post pics with the stuff I carry in mine later.

Jack

whoknowme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.g-g4u.com
lol
a inspring trendy ipad bag always can catch the eye from others, but the texture is also required, right? so, a soft bag with high quality is what you should have, then what about this soft carrying bag for ipad?
10-Soft-Carrying-Laptop-Notebook-Sleeve-Bag-Case-For-Apple-iPad.jpg

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this iPad pouch customized (it needed a bit more room to accomodate the iPad in its leather folio) at no extra cost - it's made from cotton weave fabric with internal Neoprene padding to keep the device dry and safe from knocks and shocks, and a single flap with Velcro fastener. The dimensions are 10" x 8" x 1.2".

The vendor offered a number of other patterns which I also liked, but I went for this retro-look blue-brown-black bars because I didn't want to be too "loud" in a corporate environment, yet stylish and individual enough. The vendor's website is here.

ifb_fullxfull.6169598.jpg

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Checkout this Fossil...

FOSSIL® Bags Commuter Bags:Mens City Bag - Wagner MBG1170

I pick up this bag yesterday. I took it for a spin this morning and it worked out great. I had room for my iPad, in the thin Apple case, a few pens, and yes my reading glasses. There are two pockets on the outside (front and back, each) and a small zipper pocket and two long narrow pocket on the inside main compartment.

Not to mention, the price is right and the quality is just as good as their other stuff.

Last edited:

Most reactions