Looking for a ipad app

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by JoseGaspar, May 10, 2011.

1. JoseGaspar

JoseGaspar iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, noob here. Just got my ipad2 last night. Does anyone know If there is an app that will allow one iPad user to have a ppt or PDF presentation on their device that could be seen on others? Ie...if I have a ppt or PDF on my iPad, could it be set up so all other in the rom could see it on their iPad and when I advance thru the PDF or ppt theirs would advance automatically without any interaction on their part?

Thanks

2. wareagle1999

wareagle1999 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think dropbox allows for this feature, try looking at the description for the app and see if it works, it is free also for up to a certain size of memory.
    Craig

3. JoseGaspar

JoseGaspar iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if that will work. Maybe I can provide some additional info. I'm planning a board meeting, typically we set up a monitor in front of each board member so they can see the presentation by the presenter. I want to equip each board member with an iPad with the presentation materials on each. When a presenter is up, I want the presenter to bring up the presentation and then have that presentation show up on all of the iPads in the room. When the presenter advances their presentation (either a ppt or pdf) al of the iPads would advance as well without the individual users having to advance it on their own. Kind of a go to meeting type app where the everyone can see the desktop of the presenter.

Thanks again

4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,810 / 1
    There are some meeting apps that will do this. I don't' have any personal experience, but let me see if I can find some place you can start looking.

Be right back.

5. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,810 / 1
    Ok, looks like most of the apps that will do what you want need to work with an online service, pretty much the same ones that work when using a computer to video conference while sharing files and such.

My top hits were:
    Adobe Connect Mobile
    SMART Bridgit Conferencing
    Touch Meetings.

I did not look at any of these in depth, but even if they aren't exactly what you need reading through them might give you a better set of search terms than I used.

I did see some simpler whiteboard sharing apps, but these are simpler than what you want.

6. John Daerson

John Daerson iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ya, go 4 video poker, checkers....gaming apps, they work best, even i have tried d them...:)

7. JoseGaspar

JoseGaspar iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you