What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a ipad app

JoseGaspar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, noob here. Just got my ipad2 last night. Does anyone know If there is an app that will allow one iPad user to have a ppt or PDF presentation on their device that could be seen on others? Ie...if I have a ppt or PDF on my iPad, could it be set up so all other in the rom could see it on their iPad and when I advance thru the PDF or ppt theirs would advance automatically without any interaction on their part?

Thanks

wareagle1999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think dropbox allows for this feature, try looking at the description for the app and see if it works, it is free also for up to a certain size of memory.
Craig

OP
J

JoseGaspar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wareagle1999 said:
I think dropbox allows for this feature, try looking at the description for the app and see if it works, it is free also for up to a certain size of memory.
Craig

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if that will work. Maybe I can provide some additional info. I'm planning a board meeting, typically we set up a monitor in front of each board member so they can see the presentation by the presenter. I want to equip each board member with an iPad with the presentation materials on each. When a presenter is up, I want the presenter to bring up the presentation and then have that presentation show up on all of the iPads in the room. When the presenter advances their presentation (either a ppt or pdf) al of the iPads would advance as well without the individual users having to advance it on their own. Kind of a go to meeting type app where the everyone can see the desktop of the presenter.

Thanks again

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are some meeting apps that will do this. I don't' have any personal experience, but let me see if I can find some place you can start looking.

Be right back.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, looks like most of the apps that will do what you want need to work with an online service, pretty much the same ones that work when using a computer to video conference while sharing files and such.

My top hits were:
Adobe Connect Mobile
SMART Bridgit Conferencing
Touch Meetings.

I did not look at any of these in depth, but even if they aren't exactly what you need reading through them might give you a better set of search terms than I used.

I did see some simpler whiteboard sharing apps, but these are simpler than what you want.

John Daerson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya, go 4 video poker, checkers....gaming apps, they work best, even i have tried d them...:)

OP
J

JoseGaspar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Ok, looks like most of the apps that will do what you want need to work with an online service, pretty much the same ones that work when using a computer to video conference while sharing files and such.

My top hits were:
Adobe Connect Mobile
SMART Bridgit Conferencing
Touch Meetings.

I did not look at any of these in depth, but even if they aren't exactly what you need reading through them might give you a better set of search terms than I used.

I did see some simpler whiteboard sharing apps, but these are simpler than what you want.

Thank you

Most reactions

Latest posts