What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a good list/task app

djcollin47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good list/task app. I'm looking for one for a home project task that I have going. Id like to be able to list out specific tasks and have the ability to indenture the list without restriction. I'm not so concerned about tagging or stop start dates, but would like to be able to email or print the list.

I've tried

ListBox, but it only emails a single string text file, not very useful and only has two indentures
Outliner, can't print or email list

Thanks
Derek

Billybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2Do is a great task app. It syncs with Toodledo which syncs with a lot of email clients like Outlook. Nice mobile app for iPhone too.

Last edited:
OP
D

djcollin47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Billybob. I've looked at 2do and it doesnt quite fit. The to do portion only looks like you're allowed to list out discrete tasks. I'm looking for one where I can list out an entire project and indent for each sub-project and the indent for each task. Something along the lines of MSProject without all of the additional garbage of stop start duration and resources.

I've looked through some of the other posts in the forum and have looked at more suggestions and haven't found the one. Currently working from a spreadsheet using columns to designate indenture but am finding that cumbersome when I add a task to one file and forget the file on my phone.

Thanks for the help,
Derek

brochris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using List n Do, and it seems to work well. It supports tasks and subtasks. It doesn't look like it supports printing, but it does say that you can email tasks (but I haven't tried it).

There's a lite version, which is very limited in how many tasks you can create, but it does give you a good picture of whether it will work for you.

It will sync with toodledo.com, but I noticed that this will create duplicates of my tasks that repeat. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update.

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wunderlist ftw. Has desktop clients as well and a web client all sync together.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

thunter5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pocket Informant HD

I use Pocket Informant HD. Great app for tracking tasks and GTD stuff.

OP
D

djcollin47

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all. I settled on manage,allows me to create one layer of sub task and emails plain text and PDF. The one draw back is that as you add tasks, they are added at the top of the list. Not a problem for groceries but if it is a work task you either have to start at the end or manually reorganize.

I've started using wonderlist for one item things, file taxes, pick up dry cleaning, etc and am satisfied.

Thanks for the help

Most reactions

Latest posts