What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

looking after the battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
could somebody please tell me in simple terms the best way to care for my Ipad's battery. Is it best to run down completely before charging for instance?
How should I store Ipad when not in use for a few days? etc
thanks
Bunty

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your iPad, like most modern battery powered devices, prefers to be recharged little and often, so no need to run it down every time unless that's just they way things work out. Apple say you should let it run down to almost empty about once a month or so, but no need to do it any more than that. This helps keep the battery meter calibrated so it reports accurate figures in iOS.
There is no special process for storing it for a few days, but if you are going to store it for a few months you should charge to about 75% and then turn it off. You should never store it for too long with no charge as you risk damaging the battery it is sits fully drained for a very long period.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont know how to put it any simpler as I tried to answer all the questions you asked.

No need to run it down to empty every time. Plug it in as often as you like, but let it run down once a month to keep it calibrated.

Or, if that still confuses you, then don't do anything special. You are not going to damage your battery based on what you wrote in your first post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions