1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Longest period using just your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by epb, Aug 19, 2010.

1. epb

epb iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    I know Matth3w did a few weeks, I'm curious how long others have done. I had DSL issues at home so I've spent the past 5 days or so using just the iPad for everything. It was surprisingly painless, except for being unable to download video from iTunes.
  2. j0yful

j0yful iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    2-3 weeks for me
  3. iceman

iceman iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm going on vacation in a couple weeks, so then I will mostly be using the iPad. I'm still bringing a laptop so that I can check some stuff at work, so it won't be 100%.

I think I will create a thread called Longest time without using your iPad. For me, that would be about 3 days while I was at a Paintball game. It was painful, but I made it!
  4. irishone

irishone iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My computer home use is for pure entertainment. I don't need it for work at all. I got my IPad the end of June and since then have used my laptop twice, both times to see something that used Flash. My laptop has blue-ray so I will use it to hook up to my tv to watch movies, to download and save pics to disc, download and save music.
  5. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Three weeks on vacation: one week camping, two weeks beach/tourism. I found it indispensable for searching, directions, reading and just entertainment.

It sounds like Matth3w had to do more than just casual things - that can be sometimes frustrating on the iPad.
  6. iVan

iVan iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    There's always some print job to be done for my business, so I have to fire up one of the toasters at least once a week. And the time I spend with one is to watch it perform updates...