What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long time android user, teach me how to love my new ipad

chinwan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me preface this with saying I am geniunly interested, and not trying to start some sort of fight ;-).

I am a android user. My phone is a bionic, and I have a transformer prime.

Last week, my work got me a VZW ipad 3 64GB.

I started fooling around with it, and my initial reaction is that I like my prime better. I find it easier to use (such as switching between apps), and also I was able to find much more free apps for utilities that I need.

I admit, that it could be that I like the android better, because that is more what I am used to. So I am asking please tell me how I can be enjoying my ipad better, win me over to the "white" side. What apps (preferably free) are there that will make me love the ipad.

Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi There--all I can say is try it out for yourself. Nobody can "teach you" to like/love the ipad. It is based on your needs and ease of using a device. If you do a search, there has been some recent threads discussing the differences of Droid tabs and ipads. Have a look at that first to see some of your questions are there.

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
Forum rules - everybody please read!!

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
chinwan said:
Let me preface this with saying I am geniunly interested, and not trying to start some sort of fight ;-).

I am a android user. My phone is a bionic, and I have a transformer prime.

Last week, my work got me a VZW ipad 3 64GB.

I started fooling around with it, and my initial reaction is that I like my prime better. I find it easier to use (such as switching between apps), and also I was able to find much more free apps for utilities that I need.

I admit, that it could be that I like the android better, because that is more what I am used to. So I am asking please tell me how I can be enjoying my ipad better, win me over to the "white" side. What apps (preferably free) are there that will make me love the ipad.

Thanks

As soon as you are able to jailbreak it,many more doors will open.Cydia offers a lot of interesting goodies.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As soon as you are able to jailbreak it,many more doors will open.Cydia offers a lot of interesting goodies.

If it is a work issued iPad I wouldn't think they would want him doing that. Could be wrong though.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dude...in Feb 2012 I owned a Droid Incredible and an Acer Iconia Tab A500. And I also had a Nook Color and now I have a Kindle Fire. My Acer now has ICS 4.0.1.

I still like iOS and my iPad 3 better, though I still use those Android devices. I don't need anyone to help me love it. Neither do you. Use what you use and move on. The notion of helping a Droider love an Apple sounds almost insulting. iOS ought to be easy to pick up and learn if you can handle the fiddly Android OS. If you want to learn some tips, just read the threads on here.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dude...in Feb 2012 I owned a Droid Incredible and an Acer Iconia Tab A500. And I also had a Nook Color and now I have a Kindle Fire. My Acer now has ICS 4.0.1.

I still like iOS and my iPad 3 better, though I still use those Android devices. I don't need anyone to help me love it. Neither do you. Use what you use and move on. The notion of helping a Droider love an Apple sounds almost insulting. iOS ought to be easy to pick up and learn if you can handle the fiddly Android OS. If you want to learn some tips, just read the threads on here.

Nicely said, Aq_oc...I also owned an Acer a500 and while it was nice, I didn't love it the way I lovethis device. Thank you for your comments.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use it, get familiar with it, and it will start to grow on you. Purchase a few apps from the App Store (free is still a 'purchase'). It is like learning to relax. After awhile, you are comfortable with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts