Long manuscript

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Patri, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Patri

Patri iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, has anybody used pages to write a book manuscript? I am using ms word at the office, but I commute a lot and I really need to continue writing on my iPad while out of the office. Thanks for any advice!:)
  2. Patri

Patri iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Btw. I am a new user and really excited to be a member. In fact, thinking of a long manuscript, the great part about a forum must be that one can ask questions rather than red a long users manual trying to find answers to what one intended to ask in the first place.
  3. Patri

Patri iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh, and what is an iPad Noob? A nobody?
  4. Hayles66

Hayles66 iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +325 / 0
    Hello from sunny Somerset uk. You are newcomer to our forum - noob! Welcome to our happy, friendly community, the more you reply to or create threads, you will change from a noob.
  5. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +749 / 0
    I've not written a book manuscript but do a lot of writing, reports mainly. I use Pages and some other writing apps which I have found on the App Store. There are various programmes to suit the kind of screen layout that you like so it's worthwhile trying a few to see what works best.

I'm not the worlds best typist, by a long way, so I find that the screen keyboard doesn't work for me for long periods of typing so I use an Apple Wireless Keyboard for heavy typing sessions.

The Archangel