What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

London, second visit

OP
J. A.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Hyde Park photos. I didn't get to see most of the park and these photos are very good in showing me what to expect on my next trip to London.
There's just a is a small part of the park visible in my photos. We didn't see everything, too.
We went from the statue of Achilles straight to Speaker's Corner, from there to that small building somewhere in Hyde Park, then to the lake, and to the Underground.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You ended up with some excellent pics there, Johanna! The architecture of the old buildings in London is beyond beautiful. Take me with you next time! :)

OP
J. A.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Mall yesterday
image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
J. A.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Great photos, thanks Johanna! You seem to have enjoyed some good weather on this trip in early spring there:)
Andrew
We only had good weather yesterday, with temperatures up to 17° C. It was mostly cloudy the other days.

OP
J. A.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the photos of the Mall. I didn't get to see that part of London during my trip.
Perhaps next time?
All the times we crossed it, there was traffic. We were surprised to find the street this way yesterday.

Edit: in the meantime I've found out that it's closed to traffic on Sundays, public holidays and ceremonial occasions.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We didn't. The line was too long, and it started drizzling.
On your next trip to London, if you want to see the Crown Jewels, arrive before the Tower opens in the morning and go straight to the Jewel House. If you arrive early enough, there won't be any line up.

OP
J. A.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll see quite a few statues when you find your way through London. Here are three of those that are located near our hotel.
IMG_0045.jpg

Abraham Lincoln
IMG_0006.jpg

Winston Churchill
and George V.
IMG_0046.jpg

Most reactions