What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

London, second visit

I

islandman

If you find yourself in Oxford St, you will discover Oxford Circus (a roundabout) and from that leads Regent St which in turn leads to Piccadilly Circus. If you walk down Regent St towards Piccadilly, on the left is Gt Marlborough St.It is only a short street, but along there to the left, in Argyle St, is the London Palladium and just off Gt Marlborough St to the right, is Carnaby St, the place where the Beatles and all the other '60's groups hung out. It's quite an interesting place to visit.

To continue down Regent St, you pass Hamleys, the largest toy store in the world.

At the bottom, Piccadily Circus, you can people watch before you take the short walk to Leicester Sq. this in turn leads to Trafalgar Sq. (National Portrait Gallery), and Nelsons Column on one corner is Pall Mall which leads to Buckingham Palace, PHEW!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Next station was Millenium Bridge. It was stormy, and when I was in the middle of the bridge, I had to hold my camera tight, or else I'd have lost it. :) I didn't dare taking out my iPhone to take a picture. Here are the photos taken with my Canon:
View attachment 63703
Taken on the bridge:
View attachment 63704
Zoomed in - just a little:
View attachment 63705
We were heading for St. Paul's Cathedral afterwards.
View attachment 63706
Thank's for more good photos. Did you climb to the top of the dome at St. Paul's, the view is really worth the climb.

OP
J. A.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank's for more good photos. Did you climb to the top of the dome at St. Paul's, the view is really worth the climb.
You're welcome. :)
We didn't get to the top of the dome. I saw your photo afterwards, and you're right - the sight is breathtaking, maybe the climb as well. ;)

OP
J. A.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you find yourself in Oxford St, you will discover Oxford Circus (a roundabout) and from that leads Regent St which in turn leads to Piccadilly Circus. If you walk down Regent St towards Piccadilly, on the left is Gt Marlborough St.It is only a short street, but along there to the left, in Argyle St, is the London Palladium and just off Gt Marlborough St to the right, is Carnaby St, the place where the Beatles and all the other '60's groups hung out. It's quite an interesting place to visit.

To continue down Regent St, you pass Hamleys, the largest toy store in the world.

At the bottom, Piccadily Circus, you can people watch before you take the short walk to Leicester Sq. this in turn leads to Trafalgar Sq. (National Portrait Gallery), and Nelsons Column on one corner is Pall Mall which leads to Buckingham Palace, PHEW!
That's a very accurate desricption! We were there the last time, so we know the streets a little bit. :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you been or are you planning to go to Greenwich observatory and the National Maritime Museum? If you go, you certainly won't regret it. A river cruise is the most enjoyable way to get there. It's also served by the DLR.

OP
J. A.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We're planning to visit Greenwich. We still don't know when it will be possible. It's supposed to rain tomorrow.
Not visiting Greenwich would be a major reason to visit London once more. It's one of the things I wanted to see two years ago, but couldn't.

Thank you for the advice! I didn't know about the river cruise.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We're planning to visit Greenwich. We still don't know when it will be possible. It's supposed to rain tomorrow.
Not visiting Greenwich would be a major reason to visit London once more. It's one of the things I wanted to see two years ago, but couldn't.

Thank you for the advice! I didn't know about the river cruise.
I believe one of the stops for the river cruise is at Westminster, relatively close to your hotel.

OP
J. A.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday's last attraction is still missing in my thread: we finally managed to visit The Tower of London. :)
Here's a panoramic photo from outside, taken with my iPhone:
image.jpg

I'll add the photos and descriptions when I'm at home.

Today's stations were the London Eye
image.jpg

As well as Hyde Park, and platform 9 3/4
image.jpg

I took more pictures than these, I'll add them as soon as possible.

Last edited:
I

islandman

That platform photo made me smile. We pass by that several times each year, and the queues of tourists waiting to be snapped. The guy that holds the scarf must have the easiest job in the city.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday's last attraction is still missing in my thread: we finally managed to visit The Tower of London. :)
Here's a panoramic photo from outside, taken with my iPhone:
View attachment 63712
I'll add the photos and descriptions when I'm at home.

Today's stations were the London Eye
View attachment 63713
As well as Hyde Park, and platform 9 3/4
View attachment 63714
I took more pictures than these, I'll add them as soon as possible.
The London Eye really gives you an excellent view of the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey. Thanks for posting your latest photo instalment.

Most reactions

Latest posts