What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logmein

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will this play flash video and run active x controls on your pc?

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Logmein is a service that allows you to control a Computer (Windows/Mac) from another device. It works the same as Remote Desktop in Windows but over the internet via either the Logmein Client (for iPad) or the Logmein Website. Think of this as the free version of GoToMyPC. I have been using LogMeIn for years now, but not for media and have had great success. I have not, however, gotten the iPad version as I dont see the point of spending that much on something I rarely use anymore, thanks to the iPad itself.

If you are connecting to a PC or Mac via the iPad then it will play the Flash on the computer you are connecting to - it will be slow and choppy.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm a long time user of LogMeIn as well but just the free service so never bought the IOS client. There are free alternatives such as NTR or TeamViewer that do the same job.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com

Yep. Longtime user on iPhone and iPad. For remote control worth the $30 bucks. For flash just remember you don't get any sound.

HTH,
DaveR

It isn't the iPad playing the flash, however, it is the host computer. Unless your upload speed from the host computer is fast enough, flash will be choppy if not basically unusable.

LogMeIn is only remote control of pc/Mac.

drosenth

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yep. Longtime user on iPhone and iPad. For remote control worth the $30 bucks. For flash just remember you don't get any sound.

HTH,
DaveR

It isn't the iPad playing the flash, however, it is the host computer. Unless your upload speed from the host computer is fast enough, flash will be choppy if not basically unusable.

LogMeIn is only remote control of pc/Mac.

Yep, and because of the compression/quality options it streams very well even with a fairly slow connection. No chop from what I have seen.

Regards,
DaveR

AppsforiPads

iPF Noob
Reaction score

allanroger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, logmein does support flash video and active x. LogMeIn is nice. I used it for a while, but now I'm hooked on RHUB's appliance. It's easy, secure and has six collaboration apps built into one.

Most reactions

Latest posts