What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover..

milkmilklemonade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody else pick this up yet?

Got it earlier today - it's nice!

I like that there's a magnet where the keyboard stands, so you can grab the ipad itself and lift the keyboard + tablet..without the keyboard falling off.

My only concern is the magnet connector that connects to the iPad (like the smart covers have), it seems plasticky and perhaps a little delicate, and it's definitely not a piece you want breaking..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would love some detailed pics and any other info you might want to offer. I'm very interested, but I need to make sure this is a good purchase rather than just something that will collect dust around here.

drathbun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did you get yours? Direct from Logitech? I pre-ordered mine last week and still no signs they have even released it yet.

OP
M

milkmilklemonade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I walked into Best Buy and there it was. They had about four on the shelf next to the other keyboards.

Maybe after work I can take some pictures, but as far as more information, well..

It's probably slightly less thick than the new ipad, and it feels secure when attached. To open it, there's maybe a four inch indent along the lip, where you place your fingers. It's along the long edge, and not too bad for my medium-fat fingers.

When opening it, you can feel the pull of the magnets, and there was a bit of a learning experience having it closed, and knowing how much pull to open it with, and at what angle. Too much pull and it disconnects (with sent the keyboard falling the first few times I did it), or slightly twisting the angle of the ipad and it disconnects.

There are magnets to turn the screen on/off, and they work pretty well. It's very comfortable to carry, and on my day off yesterday I was carrying the ipad/case around the house, listening to talk radio, and opening the case slightly enough to change what was playing (or see the time), it was pretty easy to do.

There's a definite "sweet spot" when opening it, and if done right you can open it wide (laying flat) while still connected..like if the bluetooth is off and you just wanna make a quick typing entry.

But if it does come undone, connecting it to the magnets is pretty easy and smooth, as they grab almost as soon as I move the ipad over them.

The Stand area has magnets too, and you hear it "click" into place. You can pick the ipad up by the edges (as in - bluetooth is off and you're using it as a stand only), and as long as you don't change the angle of the ipad, it stays connected. That's been very handy when I tried it as just a stand. Although you have a mini keyboard connected to it, but it's very functional.

The keys are chicklet style, have arrow keys, and are probably like the previous keyboard cases from logitech. I use two hands to type, I've made a few mistakes but the delete key is top right and eventually you get the hang of quickly moving to it to fix whatever error you make.

It's a finger print magnet, the inside is very plasticky, the ipad connector magnet is plasticky, the on/off slider, bluetooth connection button and usb port are on the right side, and stick out just a tiny bit (not the USB port, just the buttons).

Oh, the back is completely un covered, and I tried using it with a clear belkin back cover. The magnets in the stand portion worked less strongly, you didn't hear the locking "click" and it was much easier for it to come undone. You could still use it as a stand etc, just the magnets were weakened by the thickness of the case. The magnets that it connects to in order to close it worked fine, and had no issues.

All together a great purchase, and after owning a few prior keyboard cases - this is the first one I like enough to keep. My only problem now is finding a back cover that works with it, and what I'm going to do with my stylus..

Oh, also the (new) iPad is heavier than it, however it doesn't feel like it's going to top over when you type on it. The only area this creates a "problem" is when you go to open it, and you're tempted to pull the lighter portion out from the "base." You have to do the opposite and pull the heavier iPad up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, MML!

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought mine used from a friend--not very used LOL. After 3 generations of Ipad she moved to the Mini. I love the cover--am using it now. She threw in a very inexpensive silicone clear back. Though it had opening for magnets the ears on corners beside the slot for magnets meant it wouldn't sit in slot deep enough for magnet to hold securely so I cut straight across from magnet slot to each side. That means there are only 2 corners on the back but it is so tight I have no issue with it coming loose. Works extremely well. This also means I can unhook Ipad from keyboard and easily hold in hands comfortably or put in Propup holder for reading. i've had the Ipad 1 with original Apple cover and 3 since last March with Targus case but this is the best of all.

Many are frustrated by back not being covered but my solution works very well--just be sure the gel back is tight to begin with. Handsome looking combo and light.

Diane B

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts