What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logitech Launches iPad Joystick and Fold-Up Keyboard

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Logitech_iPad.JPG

Logitech tend to make some high-quality accessories, so it’s very interesting to see these two new gadgets that the company has just launched for the iPad. First up we have the Logitech Joystick for the iPad, which gives the user a thumb-stick style game controller for either the iPad or iPad 2, and which is compatible with virtually any game with an on-screen joystick or d-pad. As with some other similar devices we’ve seen on the market, the Joystick is attached to the iPad with suction caps that are designed to be easy to apply and take off without damaging the screen. The Joystick is also fitted with a coiled spring, which provides force feedback that automatically returns it to the center position. Expect to see this accessory in US and European stores at the beginning of September, for an SRP of $19.99.

The second gadget launched today by Logitech is a fold-up keyboard for iPad 2 only, which features a full-size, Bluetooth keyboard and stand. When closed, the keyboard rests safely and securely under your iPad 2, and when open, it holds the tablet at the perfect angle for typing. Unlike some folio Bluetooth iPad keyboards, the Logitech keyboard is full-sized. It also charges via USB, so you won’t have to worry about finding new batteries to power it. The device is designed to wake up and be ready to use as soon as you unfold it, and it will also turn itself off automatically when you fold it up to save on power. It’s also designed to incorporate your iPad 2’s Smart Cover. You’ll be able to get your hands on one in retail stores in the US and Europe in early September, for an SRP of $129.99.

Source: Logitech via 9to5 Mac

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keyboard looks very interesting, especially in view of the claim that it's "full size." Only design weakness I see is that it cannot be used with the iPad in a portrait orientation. For those of us who hate onscreen keyboards and tiny bluetooth keyboards, it might be a reasonable choice, especially since it comes from a manufacturer that builds good keyboards.

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I wanted a device that looked like a netbook... Errr, I would have bought a netbook. All that's needed is for Apple to give us a proper virtual keyboard and we're sorted. I'm part way there already, using the 5th row from Cydia. Now all I need are the arrow keys and we're set.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That price is way out there. People think because we spent $1,000 on an iPad that they can gouge us.

64GB 3G White iPad

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ncaissie said:
That price is way out there. People think because we spent $1,000 on an iPad that they can gouge us.

64GB 3G White iPad

Hellyeah

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I wanted a device that looked like a netbook... Errr, I would have bought a netbook. All that's needed is for Apple to give us a proper virtual keyboard and we're sorted. I'm part way there already, using the 5th row from Cydia. Now all I need are the arrow keys and we're set.

Not here. Regardless of how "proper" a virtual keyboard is, it's not designed for people who do more than hunt and peck.

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

64GB 3G White iPad

And you're maintaining that isn't true?

I'm not sure what you mean. (unless you are being sarcastic) But you can get good ones cheaper online.
I got a good quality case for $12 shipped on Ebay. The same ones locally go for $50+

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

64GB 3G White iPad

And you're maintaining that isn't true?

I'm not sure what you mean. (unless you are being sarcastic) But you can get good ones cheaper online.
I got a good quality case for $12 shipped on Ebay. The same ones locally go for $50+

No, I'm not being sarcastic. There is abundant evidence that iPad owners are not price resistant.

Most reactions

Latest posts