What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logitech K800 adapter for IPad Air

tigermoth2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi to everyone. I have a logitech K800 keyboard and I would like to know if there is an adaptor so that I could use it on an IPad Air.
Thamks in advance.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPF!

Afaik the Logitech K800 only works with Windows OS, so you won't be able to use it with an iPad. Sorry!
Afaik Logitech produces keyboards for iPads as well. They connect to the iDevice via Bluetooth.

OP
T

tigermoth2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for replying. I just wondered if there might have been some sort of adaptor, there is for most things these days.
Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a slight chance it might work with Apple's Lightning to USB Camera Adapter:
image.jpg

I can't guarantee that it will work. If it does, you'll get a popup every time you connect your keyboard to the iPad. Click "Okay", and it should work without problems.

It's not possible with every keyboard, so I can't tell you if it will work with yours.

Also, your keyboard requires Windows, so I don't think you'll be able to use it with your iPad.

OP
T

tigermoth2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great that is worth a try many thanks. I knew there could be something this day and age you can get connections for just about everything.
Thanks very much.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There's a slight chance it might work with Apple's Lightning to USB Camera Adapter:
I can't guarantee that it will work. If it does, you'll get a popup every time you connect your keyboard to the iPad. Click "Okay", and it should work without problems.

It's not possible with every keyboard, so I can't tell you if it will work with yours.

Also, your keyboard requires Windows, so I don't think you'll be able to use it with your iPad.

Great that is worth a try many thanks. I knew there could be something this day and age you can get connections for just about everything.
Thanks very much.

Hi Tigermoth.... - welcome to the forum; please look at what I bolded in Johanna's post above yours - I pretty much would discourage you from spending $30 for the Apple Camera Adapter - this connector is used to attach your digital camera to the lightning dock of the iPad to transfer images; likely will not work for other purposes - also checkout some of the negative reviews for this product at the Apple Store, even for the 'intended purpose.' NOW, if you need a CCK (Camera Connection Kit) for your iPad, than another issue - however, for myself, I prefer to remove the SD cards from my camera and use the other type of adapter or a 'wireless' alternate.

I also reviewed the PDF file on your keyboard (KB) @ the Logitech website - as already pointed out, this is a Windows device and really should not work at all on an iOS machine; also, the USB connector for the KB is used to charge its battery and not to provide functionality since Bluetooth is the technology used for that purpose.

Now, for about the same $$ or a little more, you could buy a BT KB made for the iPad - I use one by Apple that is now 4 years old (transitioned fine from an old iPad 2 to the Air 2) - there are plenty of options on Amazon HERE - Dave :)

OP
T

tigermoth2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Dave thanks for the welcome. Yes I have read the reviews for the camera adapter and agree with you also quite right, could be quite an expensive waste of time. I understand that the KB is for a windows OS and it is quite a long shot to connect it to the IPad but, as I have said before, you never know what is out there. Another thought for a try would be to use the charging lead connected to a female to male lead and then plug in the KB pc adapter. Probably no good but good fun.
Incedentally I use an Apotop Wi-reader for my sd card this little peice of kit is amazing.
Thanks very much for the input

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dave thanks for the welcome. Yes I have read the reviews for the camera adapter and agree with you also quite right, could be quite an expensive waste of time. I understand that the KB is for a windows OS and it is quite a long shot to connect it to the IPad but, as I have said before, you never know what is out there. Another thought for a try would be to use the charging lead connected to a female to male lead and then plug in the KB pc adapter. Probably no good but good fun.
Incedentally I use an Apotop Wi-reader for my sd card this little peice of kit is amazing.
Thanks very much for the input
Connecting the charging cable to a female to male lead and the keyboard will not work. It's impossible to use it that way.

OP
T

tigermoth2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your time in posting a reply. Yes it probably was a very long shot indeed. I think we can say this is sorted out now.
Thanks to you all.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
two more cents

Almost any bluetooth keyboard will work to some extent with the iPad. All the basic keys. It's the extra features/keys that may or may not work.

The original iPad had a keyboard dock for a short while. USB keyboards continued to work with iPads and the Camera Connection Kit for years. I'm not sure if they still do. I haven't heard one way or the other, but I haven't been looking either.

Assuming USB keyboards still work at all, it should be the same as for bluetooth keyboards. The basic keyboard functionality should be fine. Extra features and keys will probably not work.

This is because the basic feature set of both Bluetooth and USB keyboards are standardized.

Of course, there is no way to be certain unless you can find documentation saying it will work, or try it yourself. With iPad compatible bluetooth keyboards being plentiful and cheap, it's probably not worth spending money just to find out.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The K800 is not a wired keyboard according to the detail I saw online, so plugging it into to any device by cable is moot, as that is just a charging point for the internal battery.

The best advice is given already, a bluetooth keyboard.

Most reactions

Latest posts