What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logitech announced the Folio Touch for 11-inch iPad Pro

geokor82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, i just saw that Folio Touch will be available for both the 2018 and 2020 versions, yaaaaaay.
Looking forward to have a close look on it. Then I will have to decide between this an the Magic one.

Which one you recommend best?

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Looking at it on the Logitech website, it does look live a very nice keyboard case, and I quite like the way the case allows a ‘drawing’ mode. I’m a little concerned that folding the iPad to the back in ‘reading’ mode leaves the keys exposed if you put the iPad down, and i wonder about access to the usbC port on the iPad for accessories as the case looks a little thicker around the port.

I see they’ve gone down the route of ‘no battery, smart connector’ operation which has to be good, assuming the keyboard is not too power hungry.
I will be very interested to see some of the YouTube reviews when it finally arrives.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi all, i just saw that Folio Touch will be available for both the 2018 and 2020 versions, yaaaaaay.
Looking forward to have a close look on it. Then I will have to decide between this an the Magic one.

Which one you recommend best?

Well, a few pics and a link to the Logitech Website might be helpful?

As stated, no batteries, i.e. powered by the iPad via 'Smart Connector' - also appears that in 'reading mode' the keyboard is exposed on the back (damage potential?) - will be curious about power consumption taken from the iPad's battery?

For myself, I still carry my iPad Pro in a slim case and my MBAir for typing needs, but could see a KB case and need to take just one device? Now, I have an old Apple KB bought in 2011 for my iPad 2 - takes 2 AA batteries but still works fine - keep around mainly for a potential backup if my wife's iMac KB stops working. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 11.54.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 11.56.02 AM.png

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That looks pretty nice. My only issue is that it looks difficult to take on/off, and is probably less spill resistant than my current Apple Smart Keyboard. Well, and that they don’t seem to offer a 12.9” version.

Most reactions