What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logic3

Zamhab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i was given a logic3 Podium for my i pad 3rd generation. It fits nicely but somehow the sound and charging facilities are not working. The plug on the unit matches the socket on the i pad but it does not work. The only way I can use the stand is to connect the speakers via the headphone socket and selecting it for playback. It says that it is compatible with i pad 2. I would be grateful if anybody can tell me what can be done......that is, if anything can be done...! Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad 3 is slightly thicker than the iPad 2. If the device was made to fit the iPad 2 that could explain why it's not working with your iPad 2. To confirm that the Podium is actually working properly you may want to try using an iPad 2 if you can locate one.

OP
Z

Zamhab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, although, i do not think that the thickness of the ipad3 is to blame. As i stated, it fits snugly in the Podium without any movement. Having said that, i will try to locate an ipad2 and try it out.. Could it be that that pins inside the ipad3 socket were changed?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It’s impossible to tell right now exactly what is wrong. If another iPad works properly then the dock connector on the iPad 3 is probably faulty. If the other iPad does not work in the podium then there’s the possibility of a fault in the podium itself.

Last edited:
OP
Z

Zamhab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks once again. Will do my best to test it on another ipad and let you know. Regards.

OP
Z

Zamhab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks once again. Will do my best to test it on another ipad and let you know. Regards.
Hi again, I tried another i pad 3 and had the same results. That seems to eliminate fault with my ipad. I still have to get my hands on an ipad2 to carry out further tests.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It certainly looks like the iPad podium may be the cause of the problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts