What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Log Me In or similar.

Finless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wondered if anybody had used their iPad and Log Me In in to take control of their work PC?

I recollect that (PC to PC) it wasn't possible to use the remote site printer?

Any alternatives (paid for or free)?

It would be fantastic if I were able to remotely operate my work PC and printer from my iPad.

I really hope somebody knows the answer to this question because I don't Fancy trying to work it out myself.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can give a partial answer. I've been getting good results from my HP printer using ePrint. I realize its limited but I thought I'd chuck it in anyway. It shows that remote printing is at least possible.

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Finless.

I have used logmein from iPad to PC.
I found the iPad too fiddly to have good control. (Meaning the iPad screen is too small for he job).
But it worked in a fashion.

McCannon01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Finless:

You may want to look into MochaVNC app. I have used it to control my iMac from my iPad and have had success. The app is also supposed to be able to do the same thing with Windows systems, but you have to do a set up procedure on the Windows machine. You can set up multiple configurations such as connect to your target system via a local Wi-Fi or remotely over the Internet and just select the configuration you want to use. The free version worked well enough that I spent the bucks and got the full blown version. So far I am not disappointed.

OP
Finless

Finless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers.

I've also been recommended TEAM VIEWER which seems to work well.

I've already used LogMeIn and have MochaVNC still to try.

My work printer (Lexmark) has an associated APP which enables me to print via WIFI direct to the printer.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts