What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockscreen notifications :-)

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I noticed today on my iPhone and checked later on my iPad when I had notifications on the lock screen that you are able to slide the icon of the notification and it will unlock and launch the app related to the notification. This was not when the slider says "slide to open." I accidentally fat fingered the slider on my iPhone and noticed that I didn't get the slider but instead got the icon of one of the apps I was notified about having new information for me. I just tested it on my iPad (iOS 6.1.2) and it launched the iMessage to the person who messaged me (my wife as we were testing this).
I have no idea when this way to unlock came about. It could have been iOS 5, but I no longer have my iPad 1 to check with, I think it came with iOS 6. Anyone know?
Greg

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This came out in iOS 5 when the Notification Center was introduced. It sure does make it handy when you want to go immediately to the app that has the "new stuff."

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts