What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lockscreen not showing after iOS 5 jailbreak with absinthe

Biaggo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Need your help, i just jailbreaked my iPad 2 with absinthe and now my lockscreen is gone! It's not showing at all after i open my smartcover but instead it goes directly to the homescreen.
If i respring the device it goes to the lockscreen so it's only bugging when i close/open the smart cover. Never had this problem before.

Anyone else with the same issue and any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thx

rickyricardo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I am having the same issue. However I am new to jb'ing an I added some themes so I dont know if that is what caused my issue. Hopefully the experts will chime in and give us some insight.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Settings > iPadCover Lock / Unlock > OFF

OR you need to set your passcode up again, if you turned it off for the jailbreak...

Last edited:
OP
Biaggo

Biaggo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Settings > iPadCover Lock / Unlock > OFF

OR you need to set your passcode up again, if you turned it off for the jailbreak...

Yes, it did work to disable the iPad smartcover but shouldn`t this work even with the smartcover enabled? It has always worked for me in the past even on previous jailbreaks.

Wonder if this is some temporaily bugg or maybe it`s some of the apps/tweaks i installed after jailbreak that causes this?

Would be interesting to hear if more people have the same issue.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it did work to disable the iPad smartcover but shouldn`t this work even with the smartcover enabled? It has always worked for me in the past even on previous jailbreaks.

Wonder if this is some temporaily bugg or maybe it`s some of the apps/tweaks i installed after jailbreak that causes this?

Would be interesting to hear if more people have the same issue.

Not as far as I know. I've had a smart cover and iPad2 since launch day. Opening the smart cover goes straight to the home screen bypassing the lock screen every time, provided you do not use a passcode. It would not be much of a convenience feature if it did not...

Are you saying you have no passcode, had the setting turned ON, and when you opened the smartcover, you still had to slide to unlock?
The only reason it should pause at the lock screen is if you need to enter your passcode to unlock the device...

Most reactions