What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locking down applications

TeamElam7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So my 3 year old LOVES playing mommy's iPad, but I am having a horrible time with the fact that she can delete (or move) the icons for the apps...
Is there any way to lock these down so they can't be manipulated???
HELP!

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I saw that function in another program, and I can't remember where I saw it. Still looking!

So much to read, so little memory left.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have a two yearold and those wiggly icons are a finger magnet. Preventing deletions and in app purchases is a must.

The good thing is that those settings can be password protected :)

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a two yearold and those wiggly icons are a finger magnet. Preventing deletions and in app purchases is a must.

Am I missing something, on my iPad and iPhone4 in "Restrictions", I don't see anything that would prevent a child from deleting apps. You can keep him from installing apps, or from using certain apps, but I don't see anything that would lock the delete function. What am I missing here?:confused:

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Am I missing something, on my iPad and iPhone4 in "Restrictions", I don't see anything that would prevent a child from deleting apps. You can keep him from installing apps, or from using certain apps, but I don't see anything that would lock the delete function. What am I missing here?:confused:

You do not have a option right below - installing apps that says deleting apps off/on ?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You do not have a option right below - installing apps that says deleting apps off/on ?

"Cameras" is below "Installing" Apps in "Restrictions" on my iOS 4.1.x on iPhone4, and iPad iOS 3.2.x has "Location" below "Installing Apps". Maybe iOS 4.2.1 has that feature. Whatever, it is a very good idea, especially with kids, even big kids.:)

Spink10

iPF Noob
Reaction score

"Cameras" is below "Installing" Apps in "Restrictions" on my iOS 4.1.x on iPhone4, and iPad iOS 3.2.x has "Location" below "Installing Apps". Maybe iOS 4.2.1 has that feature. Whatever, it is a very good idea, especially with kids, even big kids.:)

Yes it is a 4.2 feature.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes it is a 4.2 feature.

Thanks JohnLande, nice to know.:)

Most reactions