What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locked out of my own wifi???

madameJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Locked myself out of my own wifi and can't get back in!!! Was asking for a password but didn't know it and now it is just telling me I am unable to join?

Harley man

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your password might on the side of router then you go to setting on iPad go to wifi and press forget this wifi then rejoin with the pass word from router

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
M

madameJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried that! The strange thing is that I can be connected using another persons network but when looking at the IP address it is the same as mine? Could I have two networks or has someone taken my info and made their own? My network is locked but this one isn't!

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you locked out of your WIFI, meaning you don't have the encryption password, or are you locked out of your router? If you can get into your router, then just change the encryption key password for the network there and you should be good to go. :)

Qdiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had same problem, just reset your router. You can do that by cutting the power, count to ten then plug it back in again. Should work fine after that

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried that! The strange thing is that I can be connected using another persons network but when looking at the IP address it is the same as mine? Could I have two networks or has someone taken my info and made their own? My network is locked but this one isn't!

The IP address that you are probably seeing is a so-called Private IP address and usually has the form 192.168.x.y. The router performs Network Address Translation (NAT) from the Internet to all the devices on your home network. Although each router will have a separate IP address, it will translate that to a Private IP address of the above form so, yes, you'll see IP addresses like this on most home or WiFi networks. No need to worry!!

Tim

OP
M

madameJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!!! I contacted Motorola and a wonderful agent helped me! Harelyman and Tim, you guys were right on :)
Can't help much in the technical department but if any of you need help in wine, let me know!

This is such a great resource!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts