What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locked download

midren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to download a weather app and it's locked. Any tips on how to unfreeze?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to download a weather app and it's locked. Any tips on how to unfreeze?

Do you mean the iPad is locked too, or just the download? i.e. can you switch to another app or do anything else with your iPad or is it completely frozen?

Tim

OP
M

midren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Do you mean the iPad is locked too, or just the download? i.e. can you switch to another app or do anything else with your iPad or is it completely frozen?

Tim

No, just the download. I tried to reboot but no joy. It sits there indicating "downloading" and then says "connect to wifi as it's 200mb" and blocks even when I'm connected to wifi. The iPod is otherwise working perfectly. Bought it last week and is my 1st Apple product after a life of HP and Windows. It's simply brilliant. Even 3G in remoter parts of Thailand works well.

OP
M

midren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:

Tried but no joy. Gave a more detailed reply to Tom on the subject. Thanks anyway.

jaan.kevin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basically, there are alot of flash games out there that are site locked, so what I would like to know is, how do you download them

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Though I have never seen the message you describe, I sometimes have a download get stuck on the "downloading" phase. This has always been solved by a change in location as it seems that a "noisy" router/connection will sometimes not allow a download to complete. Your case sounds a little different but it may be worth a try. Good Luck!

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try to download it through itunes on computer first and then sync

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem, I do not know why, but I have had to do that with a few apps, they just refuse to download vie phone or ipad. I figure it is worth a shot.

OP
M

midren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Alternative said:
Apps over 20MB will not download directly to the iPad without a WiFi connection. Large files and 3G do not play well together. :)

Seems that way. Hope to install wifi tomorrow at home so should be ok. Thanks.

OP
M

midren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
midren said:
Seems that way. Hope to install wifi tomorrow at home so should be ok. Thanks.

Thanks to all. Once wifi was installed all was ok and the download completed.

Last edited:
OP
M

midren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm on 3G only and no wifi. A podcast of 50mb+ has blocked and "waiting". How do I delete it? I've tried tge power off / reboot option, but it still sits there.

Most reactions

Latest posts