What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock/Unlock option

lhm16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just changed from iPad4 to iPad Air 2 and I can't find where I can disable requiring a passcode when waking my iPad up. I don't want to have to input a password each time. Help please. Thanks

moetfarmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goto setting and then passcode and touch id option. It will ask you for your passcode. Once in you might want to choose the passcode off option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just changed from iPad4 to iPad Air 2 and I can't find where I can disable requiring a passcode when waking my iPad up. I don't want to have to input a password each time. Help please. Thanks

Just to add to the previous post - below is a screen capture from my iPad Air 2 (iOS 9.1) showing the selections in Settings - to the right is an option for turning off your passcode (blue arrow); however, I would strongly encourage you to use at least a simple 4-number code just for security - THEN, use the 'fingerprint technology' and w/ the 'Touch ID' enabled (red arrow), your iPad can be unlocked quickly and easily - I have my right thumb and adjacent two fingers set for my passcode needs - just love the feature and one of the reasons I upgraded to the Air 2 - Dave :)
IMG_4472.PNG

Most reactions

Latest posts