What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock Screen Owner Display App

Rand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any chance someone could come up with an app that changes the standard lock screen to one that also displays the owner's contact information. I think that if the iPad remained locked and there was a chance for a reward the finder may be inclined to go for the money rather than try to hack the device to get past the lock screen.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, I would rather lose my iPad than have my email address or other contact information floating around in some stranger's hands.

lindakc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Lockscreen

Try Lockscreen which lets you customize your lockscreen with your own contact info or select art included in the ap for your lockscreen. I have it on my iPhone and it works well.

OP
R

Rand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried the Lockscreen app. The only problem is that you can simply press and hold on the icon and erase it just like any other program. If the app required a password to erase like it does to alter it then that would do the trick.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Lockscreen app merely allows you to easily create backgrounds for the locked screen (that you set up in the iPad's settings). It's just an easy way to modify a photo to show what info you want to display when your iPad is locked.

Once you've created the screen, you save it to the iPad photo library. Then you go into your iPad's settings and change the lock screen background to be the one you just made. Unless they know your passcode, no one should be able to access your iPad ... but they will see the info you've entered.

And, AFAIK, it makes no difference if you keep the lockscreen app or not - once you've made a new picture. The password setting and background are all done through the settings, not the app.

There is another app which I've got that let's you put in "In Case of Emercency (ICE)" info (iEmergency+), but I'm with someone up thread ... still not comfortable putting personal info out there for all to see. Let them work for it as they try to break my passcode...

Mariilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts