What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock Screen Camera Button iPad iOS 5

bristolian12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Installed iOS 5 all seemed to go well. One problem I cannot access camera button on lock screen the music buttons come up but the slide show button remains no camera button. Does anyone else have this issue. ??

Red5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem no camera controls on the lockscreen, also have no notifications on the lockscreen.

Red5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Double tapping the hone button just brings up the music controls for me.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My lock screen is the same, just iPod controls. I did have music on when I tried it, so I tried again with music off and no difference. Perhaps there is something in settings app?

Red5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes IOS 5 , i even did a manual update but still when I double press the home button I get the music control buttons. My Ipad 2 has nothing at all installed apart from Ios 5 , no apps at all, notifications dont work on the lockscreen either.

bramptonjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Milliebert said:
My lock screen is the same, just iPod controls. I did have music on when I tried it, so I tried again with music off and no difference. Perhaps there is something in settings app?

Same here. Also having issues with notification centre.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think im right in saying that if you go to notifications in settings<general, you can see which apps are set to receive notifications in the new centre, but at the bottom of the menu for each app is a button for you to switch on if you want them to appear on the lock screen. It means doing every one manually, but all mine were turned off for the lock screen.

Red5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I saw that and I configured them to do lockscreen notifications but still they dont appear in my lockscreen, nor are there any camera controls. For now I have reverted to IOS 4.3.3 via tiny umberlla.

JTMustang3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Music controls at lock screen, but no notification bar when locked, or camera controls, pleas explain how to get camera controls and notification if figure it out please.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Nick Burns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iOS5 guide to the iPad says nothing about the home button to access the camera on the lock screen, only about accessing the music controls. This may be an iPhone only feature.

Most reactions