What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Location - where am I?

osborneuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Maps, Around Me, find my iphone etc can't locate my ipad. Location services is on. Have I inadvertently turned something off or is it broken? TYIA.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings > iCloud and make sure you've got Find My iPad turned on. Same for the iPhone.

You can try cycling it off, then on again to see if that helps.

For the iPad to be found, it must have internet access, either through wi-fi or cellular service.

OP
O

osborneuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry loose wording of question prompted unexpected response. I changed my router recently since then Maps etc cannot find my location. Other threads have suggested getting friends/family to come round and use their iPhones with Maps to 'set' the router's location on the Apple database. Hasn't worked. Other suggestions welcome.

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If it is a Wi Fi only iPad, it could have to do with the router, especially if it does not have the DNS set up.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts