What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Location Problems

Sharkbite123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a serious prob. My iPad3 (16gb, wifi) CANNOT find my location, be it maps, apps or even google. I've tried everything i know, switching on location services in settings too! I've even rebooted several times. I remember though, about a month after I bought it (August 2012) it was fine. Siri could find my location and all. But now, NO, Siri, maps, whatever can't get my location. I'm desperate for help, so I really appreciate answers, thanks in advance...

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you do not have the 4G/LTE version you have no GPS functionality and it will never determine where you are located unless you are sitting within reach of a WiFi router the location of which is known to Apple.

OP
S

Sharkbite123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you do not have the 4G/LTE version you have no GPS functionality and it will never determine where you are located unless you are sitting within reach of a WiFi router the location of which is known to Apple.

Yes intact, I'm always connected to a high speed Internet. Any help?

umrmbguest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suspect that you need a GPS faker app. They exist on the android side so I guess they exist in the apple universe

umrmbguest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just confirmed that they exist. Don't know how well they work as all my I devices have a real GPS radio

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a serious prob. My iPad3 (16gb, wifi) CANNOT find my location, be it maps, apps or even google. I've tried everything i know, switching on location services in settings too! I've even rebooted several times. I remember though, about a month after I bought it (August 2012) it was fine. Siri could find my location and all. But now, NO, Siri, maps, whatever can't get my location. I'm desperate for help, so I really appreciate answers, thanks in advance...

I have iPad 3, 32gb, Wi-Fi only and haven't had a problem with location services. Obviously, I have to have Wi-Fi access. Have you updated the IOS to the latest? I am in the UK.
Mike

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did see some info on this here on the Forum.....sorry I can't find it right now but the answer was to get a friend who has a 3G/4G device to visit you and use the location service on their iPhone/iPad. This info is then relayed to apple and will eventually help you with your location services.

This link may come in handy too

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4995

OP
S

Sharkbite123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, it worked! I tried it awhile on maps, but it kept refreshing the searching icon... Frustrated, I clicked home button, and launched maps again. My wifi signal went off and on suddenly. Then maps found my location. Hope it'll last, thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts