1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Location of Cover Art

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by dragon499, Jun 10, 2012.

1. dragon499

dragon499 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    My Ipad 2 is Jailbroken.

I am playing around with my own cover art and want to copy over ti to the location where the Ipad stores both the Kindle Cover art and the E-Books cover art. What are the specific locations where the graphics are kept. They don't appear to be int the individual app folders and my Ipad has >5,000 jpg files, so it could take ma a while to find them.

Thanks
  2. dragon499

dragon499 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Ok,

I already found the E-Books location:

\\myipadname\Filesystem\var\mobile\Media\Books\Purchases\-blah.epub\cover.jpg
  3. dragon499

dragon499 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Still having problems. I found a tmp... .jpg fiel in the directory and replaced both with a different *.jpg. I thjen killed the app and resprung. But, E-books still shows the original picture.

Help!
  4. dragon499

dragon499 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    If I open the book, it shows the new cover, but the old (must be cached somewhere) cover still shows up in as the book cover withing the e-books app.