What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Location, Location, Location....

Rickoza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

One of our students has came to see us with their iPad air. They were working on a word document and when prompted accidentally overwrote an older version with a much shorter new version. There's nothing on One Drive, was wondering where are temp files located within the iPad air itself and how do you get to them, as it's the only thing I can think of to try and assist.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately, iOS doesn't work in that way. There is no way to access the temp files to access the document. If anything One Drive should be able to access an older version of the document. Try using the desktop version of One Drive and see what happens.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is possible to access the desktop version of the web-site verison of OneDrive from the iPad, and there is a 'Previous Version' option. Once you've navigated to the online OneDrive site, tap and hold the reload button in the URL bar for a Request Desktop Site option.

I was unable to find a previouls version for any of my documents, but that may be just me, since I don't do a lot of work in Word. Good luck.

image.jpeg

Most reactions

Latest posts