What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Location location location

Badlands

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having issues with location services. Worked fine for several months then all of a sudden quit.
Didn't change any settings on router or iPad.
Any ideas?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Badlands! Welcome to iPF!

Could you please elaborate your problem? It is not possible to understand what problem you are having with your description.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried resetting your iPad? To do so, press and hold the power and home buttons until the screen goes black and the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons. When the iPad restarts see if the problem is still there. If that doesn't work, you could try restating all settings. No data will be lost if you try it. Here's how to do it. Go to Settings>Reset>Reset All Settings. You will lose things like WiFi passwords and website log in passwords.

OP
Badlands

Badlands

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Badlands! Welcome to iPF!

Could you please elaborate your problem? It is not possible to understand what problem you are having with your description.

None of the location services will work. Siri, weather, maps, etc. Worked when I first got the iPad and now will not.
I have reset, hard reset, reset network settings, reset router, etc.

OP
Badlands

Badlands

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried resetting your iPad? To do so, press and hold the power and home buttons until the screen goes black and the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons. When the iPad restarts see if the problem is still there. If that doesn't work, you could try restating all settings. No data will be lost if you try it. Here's how to do it. Go to Settings>Reset>Reset All Settings. You will lose things like WiFi passwords and website log in passwords.

Yes, all of the above.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe location services has been turned off in settings. Go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Location Services and check to see if the location services switch is turned on.
image.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I never said you were. I was just trying to cover the possibilities. Location services have been known to have been accidentally turned off for other members, which is why I made the post.

OP
Badlands

Badlands

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image.jpg
I never said you were. I was just trying to cover the possibilities. Location services have been known to have been accidentally turned off for other members, which is why I made the post.

Sorry. Just SO annoyed at this iPad. It crashes constantly due to low memory issues and now this location stuff.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 280
OP
Badlands

Badlands

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Restrictions OFF. Locations ENABLED.
image.jpg
image.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How about trying this, if you haven't already tried it. Enable restrictions, turn off location services, then turn them on again.

OP
Badlands

Badlands

iPF Noob
Reaction score
image.jpg
Can't even get the right time zone.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Location of an iPad is retrieved from Apple's database. If your router is comparatively new, Apple has no way to get your location instantly from the database, so that may be the problem. It will eventually be updated. The time varies from a few days to a few months to detect your wifi router, and even a year to get your exact location. Even my location isn't exactly accurate after a year of my being with the iPad.

Did you buy a new router recently?

OP
Badlands

Badlands

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a new AirPort Extreme last year. The iPad Locations worked with it for several months. Then they just quit last month.

OP
Badlands

Badlands

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also submitted my location and MAC address to Skyhook.

Most reactions