What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Location information for photos

Ecocrop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not seem to have the places option in photos so that I can show the albums by location. I did some searching and found that I should open the web tab of the preferences and tick the box that says " include the location information of published photos."
I have a PC however and not a MAC so I do not have IPHOTO which I think is necessary to offer this option in preferences. Am I right in this or is there another way to get the places option in photos.

Kind regards,

Graham

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need a photo program for the PC that can read and interpret EXIF data embedded in the photos, that's where the location data and much more is stored. Corel PaintShop Pro Photo X3 will give you the EXIF data, with location being in Latitude and Longitude, which you can copy into Google Earth and view the loacation. There are several apps that will read the EXIF data and show it on a map, also. I don't know how to sort by location though.

Most reactions

Latest posts