What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loading your DVDs to the ipad

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been wondering the same thing. I've tried handbrake on my PC and it's taken over 6 hr to convert to mp4. Is it just me or is Anyone else having this problem?

I have used handbrake before and the encoding time depends on a number of factors. First and foremost is your PC. If it has older hardware then converting will surely take a long time. Next is the quality of your source video. Then there are other settings that might contribute to this. When I converted some of my videos to iPad format using handbrake, I opted to stay within the default settings. The only modification I did was to add the subtitles. The videos I converted where episodes of a Korean Drama and each episode is at 720p and each episode is about an hour in length. The conversion time for each episode is around 30 mins each.

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes they do seem to take a long time for me as well, but if it works, that's fine by me!
However, going back in this thread, I have handbraked them, put them in iTunes on my Mac, synced the iPad, but I can't find them in the "Music" on my iPad, and can't find my iTunes anywhere but in the music. They don't show up I'm videos. Only the ones I've downloaded from the iTunes store are showing up there. I can move them into Flexplayer though, and play them that way, so it's not the end of the world.

OP
H

hill10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the free video converters tend to have the watermark on playback which is a bit of a pain. Cannot seem to find a free one that is watermark free

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've always used handbrake to rip DVDs. It's pretty self explanatory but if you do have problems there are lots of tuts on the web. I did have problems getting round copyprotection but a program called 'anydvd' can circumvent that so its not a problem. As for coding time my computers pretty slow. When I recently ripped 2 DVDs I had to leave my laptop on all day in order to get them done.
Hope this helps someone :).

OP
H

hill10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I found a free DVD Ripper with no watermarks and its fine WinX DVD Ripper

Most reactions

Latest posts