What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loading OLD emails to iPad from outlook

Knuckles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all! My girlfriend has received a new ipad for work and is experiencing the following problem: Outlook is correctly synched and she is seeing all emails and folders that she has received since setting up the iPad, but mail on her iPad will not load her OLD email messages that she can see on her main computer, though all of her folders are there (on both iPad and laptop). I've owned an iPhone for years and thought I'd be able to solve her problem, but have been unsuccessful. I've gone into settings and set her iPad mail to display 200 messages and we still just see her email from the last two days (only 30-40). She has old mail going back to June in her inbox that she'd like to access on the iPad. Help!

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
When setting up the email on the iPad it was done as an Exchange-Account, I suppose, and I guess that she is not synching with outlook but with with that exchange server.
Further I suppose she is connecting her Outlook to the Exchange Server as well and does not download this stuff by POP3.
If so, did she make any archiving of the emails? This way all archived emails are taken off the exchange-server and stored on a local harddrive and will not be visible anymore.

Have more Info about whole setup?

I use my iPad for work and have no problem at all.

OP
K

Knuckles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Embarrassingly, problem was due to operator error on both her and my part. The iPad allows you to sync back at a few pre-determined intervals, while the iPhone does not. We set sync to "no limit" and we're looking at all of her mail. At least it was me who figured it out, ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts