What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loading multiple tableviews in a UIView (UIView Controller)

xchristensen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been searching all throughout the internet for assistance, however there has been little to no solutions to my issue at hand. My project that im trying to get a gasp on is somewhat unique (UI is not exactly following the typical norms).

Below is a diagram of what i am trying to accomplish -- all within a UIView Controller:

ipad-layout.jpg

1. UIView is the light grey background
  2. UITableView 1 - this is a static (or it can be dynamic, thats another challenge) UITableview which will hold different numeric values for calculation
  3. UITableView 2 - this is a UITableview which will hold calculated results every time it is run.
  4. UIImageView 1 - this is a calculated image example (I have that figured out)
Im sure experienced developers are fully aware of my issue, and or what im about to ask. I understand that a static UITableView is required to be in a tableview controller, but I need to display both the UItableView's at the same time which means it has to be within a UIView.

I can make the interface look the way I need it to through the IB however when trying to compile and build I receive the error that requires the UITableView's to be within a UITableViewController and not a UIView Controller. I have seen many examples using a master-detail layout, but the only stipulation is that this UITableview NEEDS to be displayed 100% of the time when in this view.

So basically, I am asking for direction... but a code example never hurt either! Thank you 100x's over!

-Jonathan

Most reactions

Latest posts