What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liveleak

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am looking to getting a couple of these for me and the wife but I was disappointed to hear about the flash.

I know it plays Youtube like my iPod and the wife's Iphone but would somebody be so kind as to see if it plays the videos on Liveleak as that's one of my favourite sites.

Also we have a premium account at Megavideo and put all our family videos on Megavideo. Will it play videos from there?

So thank you in advance if someone could just have a look try and let me know as that will determine if I will get one for myself.

Thank you so very much!

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There apps that try to play flash and do so pretty well, skyfire and iswifter are not too bad take care of about 70 percent of the flash sites I use.

If your savy you can probably find a way to play the sites you want but it's not just going to be easy gotta do some research. Anyway are you talking about ipad 1 because the new one will be hard to get for the next month. You can get a nice one of craigslist for about 275 right now maybe even cheaper. Is pretty much the same thing.

And flash is not ready for any device yet and it will be another year before they get it right if ever.

OP
V
Reaction score
There apps that try to play flash and do so pretty well, skyfire and iswifter are not too bad take care of about 70 percent of the flash sites I use.

If your savy you can probably find a way to play the sites you want but it's not just going to be easy gotta do some research. Anyway are you talking about ipad 1 because the new one will be hard to get for the next month. You can get a nice one of craigslist for about 275 right now maybe even cheaper. Is pretty much the same thing.

And flash is not ready for any device yet and it will be another year before they get it right if ever.

Thank you for your reply, I think we will wait then until next year for say the Ipad 3 lol....Im sure that will play flash or will it be HTML 5 or something I heard about. Now that would be a great pad.

Regards:)

OP
V
Reaction score

Wow just tried Skyfire on my ipod...will put on the wife's iphone tomorrow. Cheers m8 and have a great weekend and thanks for that:)

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thank you for your reply, I think we will wait then until next year for say the Ipad 3 lol....Im sure that will play flash or will it be HTML 5 or something I heard about. Now that would be a great pad.

Flash is an old technology and it is often used for creating ads ... there are a lot of sites that were created years ago for IE6 (now a disaster) and so there is a lot of legacy stuff out there. There is a heavy trend toward converting to html5, but even there, there are complications. Flash is extremely power hungry, and battery life drops rapidly, like 1-2 hours, not 10. Also there is a major technology problem ... Flash needs hovering ... in iOS there is no pointer, the finger is the pointer,and the finger has to touch, so the finger can not hover. Therefore, flash really doesn't work in general with iPAD. So your idea is that all your dreams will sudden appear in iPAD3 is your dream, but has little chance to become reality. iPAD already handles html5.

OP
V
Reaction score

Flash is an old technology and it is often used for creating ads ... there are a lot of sites that were created years ago for IE6 (now a disaster) and so there is a lot of legacy stuff out there. There is a heavy trend toward converting to html5, but even there, there are complications. Flash is extremely power hungry, and battery life drops rapidly, like 1-2 hours, not 10. Also there is a major technology problem ... Flash needs hovering ... in iOS there is no pointer, the finger is the pointer,and the finger has to touch, so the finger can not hover. Therefore, flash really doesn't work in general with iPAD. So your idea is that all your dreams will sudden appear in iPAD3 is your dream, but has little chance to become reality. iPAD already handles html5.

Thanks... my understanding of this aspect of computing are very limited but the fact I have just purchased Skyfire for my Ipod 4th gen and it worked well with Liveleak and as there is a App for Youtube i am now happy to buy the Ipad2. My Wife really wants one and I kept saying you cant watch vids so that was the fly in the ointment.

Anyway thank you all for helping me see a solution and also enlightening me. Much appreciated:)

Last edited:

deftdrummer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It should be noted that live leak recently did a full conversion to HTML 5 and also the site layout is much improved. Just tried on my iPad 2 about five minutes ago.

Most reactions

Latest posts