Live coverage from San Francisco Apple Store

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Max, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AuDioFreaK39

AuDioFreaK39
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    So I'm actually the guy at the very front of the line. ;) My friend wearing the blue jacket is the one getting an iPad 16GB WiFi model today, while I was simply his ride into town.

Originally, his iPod touch 3rd generation had been damaged several weeks ago, and he was in the market to replace it with another. However, after a few weeks of research and some discussion, he was convinced that he wanted a "larger" replacement, if you will. As such, I recommended the iPad to him as it's a viable alternative to the iPod touch and could almost literally be dubbed the "iPod touch XL."

As an IT journalist covering various aspects of the emerging tablet computing industry, I felt inclined to drive up to San Francisco this weekend and experience a proper launch of a potentially trendsetting portable device at the flagship store itself. While I may not be purchasing an iPad and have no intentions of purchasing the first-generation iteration, I am looking forward to this launch as much as any of the rest of the guys in line.

Here's to hoping for a timely, safe event with some great press coverage and analysis. :)

2. brhon

brhon
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I am really torn, as much as I want to go stand in line I think I will wait a little while for the first wave to subside. They ran a piece on Fox2 Detroit this morning and they said that one of our four local stores had more Ipads than just the reserved units. That would be good because now that I have had plenty of time to obsess over this now I think I need at least 32g, instead of 16.

Brian

3. iDan

iDan
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Morning Max and everyone else waiting in line :)

4. gjperera

gjperera
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Good luck...that would give this forum great exposure. Keep us posted.

5. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Max, that's so awesome, let us know if there is an internet stream of the interview anywhere! :)

6. Ghuda

Ghuda
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I can just imagine the scene as they open the doors, something like an old Jerry Lewis movie with blue haired old ladies rushing the poor store folks attempting to maintain order.

Have a great time and enjoy the full experience at the store!!!!

7. DanaNgidhu

DanaNgidhu
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

Dan: Did you get yours yet? I am still waiting! It is 1:38 p.m. Mine was at Dulles Aitport at 7:46 a.m. Maybe you are playing now.

Dana

8. Max

Max
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Just google ' Max Ackermann iPad ' !

Theres over 9000 hits already thanks to associated press, they left out the ipadforums.net part for some reasons that somewhat seem obvious but still wierd.

However, when showing off my ipad to several news station cameras guess what was on my screen! :)

[​IMG]

9. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Max yet is : Results 1 - 10 of about 10,600 for Max Ackermann iPad. (0.16 seconds)

you're popularity will explode soon :)

10. iDoug

iDoug
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Max, that is so cool! Thanks for representing for the forum and it looks like it's been a pretty cool day for you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.