What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little problem with safari and pdf

gymvideo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I've just bought my new ipad but there's something I can't understand while working with pdf files embedded ih html pages.
For example, I'm just trying to explore the embedded pdf, but I cant, because of the missing scrollbar, or downloading the file (no buttons at all). How can i do?

I can't link the page of what i'm talking about because of the post count, but I will soon. Hope you understand without
Thank you!

Last edited:

Juneau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download Goodreader. It is great for PDF file and has a function built in to download PDFs, once installed just put a "g" in front of http of the PDF and it will automatically download. There is another way from within Goodreader but that is the easiest.

As far as scrolling when there is not scroll bars, use two dinges to scroll and it may work, two finger scroll works with a lot of things that look like you can't scroll them.

Hope this helps.

Juneau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stupid iPad autocorrect changed it to dinges from my misspelled fingers. And if you don't know about two-finger scroll, it is great, you should try it.

I went to that page. Good luck. I don't know how to deal with that type of PDF.

OP
G

gymvideo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stupid iPad autocorrect changed it to dinges from my misspelled fingers. And if you don't know about two-finger scroll, it is great, you should try it.

:( anyone else?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score

:( anyone else?

Sorry man, I've never seen that technique used before. I tried everything, including opening it in a couple of alternate browsers. :confused:

rafay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry this is kinda old, but if it helps, I found that I can scroll suchs PDFs using the Opera browser on my iPad 2.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I also have this problem, does anyone have a solution to help me? please.

Hi Migeulcampos - welcome to the forum - :)

You responded to a thread which was a year old - this might not produce the responses you need - I almost ignored the entire thread after looking at the dates of the first posts.

You might want to start your own post in the appropriate forum and state your problem clearly & thoroughly - you'll likely receive more responses - good luck - :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts